StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering if anyone would like to get a ride in this long weekend, one day this coming up weekend got to somewhat nice out. cruise up around calabogie somewhere, if it keeps raining just stay on paved roads. leave around 9 ish and try to get back around 3ish.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
I would be up for a ride. The Sat is not an option for me but Sunday or Monday would work. Did a nice route south of Calabogie with the Calabogie Boogie event but much of it was gravel. I am open to pavement occasionally.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Short ride, eh?
Throw in a two hour lunch and a couple breaks and it's not too hard a ride.

I'm up for the ride, but don't know what the family has planned for Thanksgiving, when it's happening and, hell, whether I'm even invited.

When I know, I'll let you know the better day (Sunday, Monday) for me.

Marc

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how's monday

How does monday sound for everyone. we will all be lazy from the turkey and wine the night before. not sure of a route but lets get out of town.

·
Registered
712 Posts
How does monday sound for everyone. we will all be lazy from the turkey and wine the night before. not sure of a route but lets get out of town.
Monday works for me.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds good, where do you want to meet? and do you have a route in mind?

·
Registered
712 Posts
sounds good, where do you want to meet? and do you have a route in mind?
You and I could meet in Ottawa or west, meet up with Paul near his home (Packenham, or Almonte) to Calabogie, along the Centennial Lake Rd to Griffith, S on 41 to Buckshot Rd to Plevna, Ardoch Rd, 509 N to Lavat Rd, to 511 or up Black Creek Rd to French Line, puts us near Hopetown, ready to head back or carry on.

I haven't plotted the course to see what the distance is, and have only done portions of Ardoch and Bucksot Lakeroads. Paul may know what they are like.

Or from Griffith, head up Foymount way and get lost up there near Killaloe; I hear it's common to be your own cousin up that way.

Marc

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sounds good to me, where do you want to meet the new tim hortons in stittsville?

·
Registered
712 Posts
sounds good to me, where do you want to meet the new tim hortons in stittsville?
I plotted it on Google map

The loop from and back to about Clayton is 275 Kms and (at legal speeds) 5:45 hrs. Add a couple hours to get there and back from Ottawa, and it may be a bit much for our six-hour ride. We can decide which part to leave out.

Yeah, the new Timmies in Stittsville sounds fine (I'll have to find it).

Vstrompaul, you're in? Others?

Marc

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The timmies is on corner of carp road and hazeldean road, near the big new sobeys. How does around 9 sound?

·
Registered
712 Posts

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
I have only just checked back in. Monday would work. I can met along the route in Almonte or Pakenham depending on which way you are going.

Just let me know.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have only just checked back in. Monday would work. I can met along the route in Almonte or Pakenham depending on which way you are going.

Just let me know.
I'll PM the two of you to exchange cell phone numbers and to work out details.

Others still welcome.

Marc

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Not able to ride tomorrow. A family commitment. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Not able to ride tomorrow. A family commitment. Enjoy the ride.
Sorry you can't make it.

Dave, I'll still be meeting you at Timmies in Stittsville 09:00. My brother will join us to about Griffith, then he'll head off alone and work his way back to Ottawa, while we carry on.

See you in the morning.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what a beautiful fall ride, lots of twistys and nice fall colours. Thanks Mark for the nice ride.

·
Registered
712 Posts
what a beautiful fall ride, lots of twistys and nice fall colours. Thanks Mark for the nice ride.
Yes, beautiful day, great ride. Nice twisty roads, a stretch of gravel - and poutine!

The bikes ran flawlessly, perfectly suited to the roads and the day. Many bikes out today, of all kinds. Most probably figured they had the perfect bike too. Hey it's Thanksgiving, I'm fine with that.

And thanks Dave. Remember, the ride was your idea!

I hope many more of you got out today.

Marc

1 - 18 of 18 Posts