StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wanted to take the time to thank all of those that have contributted to the creation of this forum. This weekend I Installed my Oxford grip heaters, two tool tubes (the ones from Agri sales), and a pair of George's LED lights and I can tell you for sure I would not be finished yet if I had not had this place for info. I used the factory plug behind the radiator for power to the grips and I got a PIAA plug and play wiring harness for the lights for $35.00 from Amazon. The throttle side of the grips was a PITA but it only took about an hour with my Dremmel to get the throttle sleeve nice and smooth (after I took it off of the bike). I used Locktite "Ultra Gel Control" super glue to fasten the grips and they are rock solid. I mounted the lights on the fender with some longer bolts and I have them aimed down a bit because I really need them for riding in the fog. It turned out pretty good and my ride in this morning was very comfortable and illuminated at 34 degrees and foggy. I mounted the two tool tubes behind the left stock saddle bag on a pair of brackets I made and attached to the saddlebag mount. I'll get some pics up tonight.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used the factory plug behind the radiator

DiD you get the adapter from Eastern Beaver for the Oxfords?
No, I did not want to wait so I cut it and spliced the wires in.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are the pics of my weekend installs.
The lights

The tool tubes

And the grips & controls

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
Very nice. Enjoy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts