StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I just want to thank everyone for all of the great info and help I got from the forum.
I recently got laid off from an 11 year job that I really enjoyed. Well, being that bills still go on, I had to sell my favorite motorcycle I have ever owned.
One of these years I'll be riding again.
Thanks again for all of the help.

Steve

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have two new jobs lined up right now, but I needed funds to cover bills while I'm not working. Unemployment money in South CArolina is a joke. I was making $1000.00 a week when I was working, unemployment benefit payment was $300.00.
Something had to go so I had a place to live. The one job starts in two weeks, but there is an even better offer in the works and it is at the same airport.
I hope offer #2 works out, it has much better everything.
Steve

·
Registered
706 Posts
That sucks. I've been there too (laid off, serious medical problem shortly after, having kids at the same time with problems, etc)...and it got bad here and we actually were down to selling furniture to keep a roof over our heads. It takes time but it will turn around.

Keep the positive attitude. And even if you don't have the bike any more, feel free to stay active here, helps keep the fire alive. Good luck.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I'll be hanging around. There a lot of nice people here to talk too, whether it's about Stroms or not.
Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts