StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to offer my thanks for the forum and the helpful people that frequent this place. Greywolf, Realshelby and others have proven an invaluable resource for dialing in my Strom. My time with this particular bike is coming to an end however as I've sold it to a good friend in preparation for taking delivery of my new Tenere'. Hopefully he'll find this forum as valuable as I did and be a frequent visitor as well.

I'll still lurk here occasionally I'm sure but to all: Happy trails and may all your adventures be exactly what you desire!

:thumbup:

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,404 Posts
Merfman, I'll hate to think you won't hang around some from time to time! We would like to know your thoughts on the S-10 after the "newness" wears off for instance. I am sure the S-10 is a really nice machine and I would be looking at them if I wanted a new adventure bike.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Merfman, I'll hate to think you won't hang around some from time to time! We would like to know your thoughts on the S-10 after the "newness" wears off for instance. I am sure the S-10 is a really nice machine and I would be looking at them if I wanted a new adventure bike.
Consider it done. I'll still hang out here, I learned a lot about this bike thanks to this forum and people like you, thanks! I still think the VStrom is the BEST bang for the buck bike available!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
A Yamaha, eh?? ..... I think you will be back.....

I feel Suzuki is soon going to replace the DL1000 with something going right at the 1200 Adventure bikes....

·
Registered
122 Posts
soon

I feel Suzuki is soon going to replace the DL1000 with something going right at the 1200 Adventure bikes....
good luck there. In the span of earth history it may be considered soon, but I think they are going to keep beating the same horse and NOT update with anything much different.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts

I don't think so... Suzuki will do what they did with the new 650... Why compete in the expensive big dually maket when they have done so well with the niche, bargin priced no frills approach?... The new 1000 (no doubt coming) will be updaded in the same manner as the 650 Wee was...

·
Registered
374 Posts
I hope they stay the course, because gradually I am converting die hard BMW riders and the hardest nut of all to Crack, My Brother. Because of a failure (again)in his beloved make, he had to ride my DL1000 for some 2000 miles including two trips of 800miles to visit his best friend after a major operation in Hospital.
When he returned it, he dropped his head and commented........
"Damn that one of the most amazing touring experiences I have ever had, when you needed power its was there in spades, when you put it in a corner it dug in and went through and out like a scalded cat, when you thought the fuel gauge was broke it wasn't, I was comfortable, my hands didn't tingle, I was relaxed and felt safe at all times. Best of all it became a good friend and it became a bike I could trust unlike that other POS that is breaking my balls. Yes its a great touring bike"
That ladies and gents would have hurt him to say. He is a BMW Nutter of 40 years standing.

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
I loved the last article written about the BMW single
Chinese made engine , Italian frame , I think Tiawan electrics

price of over 9K

so German Marketing?

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I loved the last article written about the BMW single
Chinese made engine , Italian frame , I think Tiawan electrics

price of over 9K

so German Marketing?
Of course. And they do that very efficiently, typical to the culture.

The first Funduro (F-650) started with an Austrian engine by Rotax.
BMW never really were into singles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts