StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When all our northern V buddies are putting away their stroms we are ready for prime riding season.:thumbup: I may not drive my truck until next summer.:hurray:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
This is the best time of year to ride where I am. The scenery is great, precipitation is low and it's not too hot. When the weather is too cold for normal gear, the heated gear can be set to just the right temperature. The bike stays in the garage only when the alley is snow and ice covered. Admittedly, that is more days in winter than not but I rode out of state every month since February of 2008 when there wasn't a single day when the alley was clear.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
You are SO right. This morning I walked out and felt that beautiful nip in the air. Got the jacket out of the closet, pulled on the boots and heavey Icon jeans, and HIT THE ROAD!!!

Of course, it'll be sweltering hot on the ride home, but that's fine. As long as I don't arrive at work soaked in sweat, I'm happy.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Hey Kenneth, I rode until December last year. It's all about the gear & acting like your not cold while my fingers turn white.

A wind screen purchased from you helps quite a bit too:hurray:!

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
Yessiree, wore my jacket for the first time on my commute this morning and enjoying the heated grips I installed last weekend. I ride all year round, but every outdoor activity is becoming so much more pleasant.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
LOVE the Cool Weather!

I practically gave up riding to work this summer.

You guys have no idea how bad stop and go traffic + August in Gainesville FL + Hot Flashes is! :mad:

I'm back to riding to work and I love it. I'm even wearing the mesh jacket and pants and summer gloves so far. :mod2_scooter:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Hey Kenneth, I rode until December last year. It's all about the gear & acting like your not cold while my fingers turn white.

A wind screen purchased from you helps quite a bit too:hurray:!
Hi Beth! Glad to hear the MP screen is doing the job for you. I heard a rumor that MP was out of business. That screen may be a collector's item...Greywolf stockpiled 5 of 'em!

Think you'll be riding in December this year too? I have no idea how you do it; much below 50 and I take the car.

KM

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Yep, lovin' ever 75 degree day that we have after the WARM summer we had. Did not miss a day of riding due to the heat. Missed a couple due to some other factors, but those don't count.

I'm gonna get down to just a bike, no cage. Will try for a while anyway.

When are we gonna have another RTE?

Miss seeing all of you folks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Here in Los Angeles the battle is quite often with the cagers and not the heat, at least on the West side. What pants do you all find work down in Florida ?? Thanks -- DT

·
Premium Member
2,357 Posts
Here in Los Angeles the battle is quite often with the cagers and not the heat, at least on the West side. What pants do you all find work down in Florida ?? Thanks -- DT
You use strange language. What do you mean by "pants"?
We don't breathe the way dogs do, no matter how hot it gets.

Keith :green_lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts