StromTrooper banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grandfather hit my v strom with his riding mower and knocked it over. It cracked the windshield and scuffed the crash bar. Other then that the bike is fine. Im getting ready to otder the windshield this week but i would like to order a shorter windshield then the stock one. Does anyone know where to get a lower windshield maybe even tinted. Its for a 2003 dl 1000. As for the crash bar its going to the powder coater down the road. With out the crash bar there would have been a lot more damage.

·
Registered
618 Posts

·
Cowboys aint easy to love
2,115 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Thats a pretty good advertisement for your brand of crash bars, which leads me to my next question - what brand are they ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
To answer your question, Zero Gravity makes a smaller screen, tinted and
clear. Although I have no first hand experience with the Vee screen I have used
them on other bikes and have been very satisfied with the quality and functionality of the them.

ZGoutlet store has them at a discount and I bought from them and never could
find the blemishes they supposedly had, but they don't list any for the Strom.

You can find them on that bidding site , however, I don't think the pics represent the actual screen for the Vee. It looks like they are on a GSXR so you
might have to do some digging to see the screen for the Vee, at least from
Zero Gravity.

Also there is the Euro sport screen which is tinted and sweet looking and it
seems the members that have them are very satisfied with them also. I have been looking for one of those but they are far and few between. You can order them new from England and I believe the are currently 85 euros or pounds plus shipping so I don't know what that is in US dollars. Come to think of it I don't know if the Euro screen will fit your 03. HTH.

John

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Dear OP

You realize that you have to spend a month in Purgatory for every time you don't capitalize God..... or something odd happens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts