StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Texans,

Last Dec/Jan on a Utah to Alabama ride I rode I-10 all the way across Texas. I was limited somewhat by time so I had to burn up the miles. The superslab is bad enough anywhere, but in a huge state like Texas it got a little old after a while. On my return trip home I rode back across I-10

I'm 90% sure I'll make the same trip this Dec/Jan and have the same time constraints. My question is, if anyone knows of an alternate route that would not take a whole lot more time, but would put me on more interesting roads for at least part of your state. I want to stay as far south as I can to stay warmer, but would like to get off the freeway for as much as possible.

Got any ideas?

Thanks,
Ken

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
across Texas

coming west from El Paso, pick up US290 to ride thru the Hill Country a bit then thru Austin to Houston. back on I-10 in Houston.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
coming west from El Paso, pick up US290 to ride thru the Hill Country a bit then thru Austin to Houston. back on I-10 in Houston.
"Thru the Hill Country" sounds good! I'll write it down, thanks!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like that cuts off a chunk of miles, do you know if 290 takes much more time than the slab?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts