StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
the bloom

drop me a PM if you're headed this way & i'll share some info about the area

you will surely want to visit Luckenbach, while you're here

& well in advance of your visit, contact BUTLER MAPS & order their HILL COUNTRY MAP(made by motorcyclists for motorcyclists), you wont regret it:thumbup:

shiny side up

sw

·
Registered
710 Posts
New Braunfels is another popular area for Bluebonnets. I think it is 725 that has them growing on both sides of the highway for a few miles.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Anyone here from Texas that can tell me when Blue Bonnets are in bloom around the Austine Area...?
End of February and beginning of March they start blooming. Stunningly beautiful.

·
Registered
201 Posts
It depends on the amount of winter rain we get. They start blooming in west Texas (Big Bend, Alpine) first, usually early March and progress east towards Austin. By mid to late May they are gone. Again as the others had said stay tuned. Personally I like the "Willow City loop" during the week. Give us a shout as time gets closer. I'll go for a ride with ya to show you my favorite spots.

Park road 4

Old Baylor ruins

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. As time gets nearer I will watch for updates from this thread.
I can ride out in 2-3 days taking it easy and enjoying the sights.

·
Registered
14,132 Posts
Texas Blue Bonnets, endemic to Texas. Varieties otherwise known as Lupines bloom all over the southwest.
Haven't see the Texas variety in action but any great spring bloom across the landscape is well worth a long drive or ride to see.
After a ground scorching fire of 250 Sq miles in our local mountains, the last few years have had incredible spring blooms. Nothing like a whole mountain range of color to make your Sunday morning ride memorable.
The only down side is sensory overload and the dang migrating butterflies that turn your visor yellow!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts