StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the New-to-Me 2007 DL1000 out for a short little test ride (140 miles RT). I was a little concerned the DL100o would not cure my need for speed in the corners. Boy, did it dispel that concern. I was absolutely impressed how the bikes handles. I was able to cruise on the open highway comfortably and when it came to the twisty's, doubling corners was a blast. The bike is a fun sport bike hidden in a stock Adventure motorcycle (I have changed the handlebars). I am very happy with purchase!! What a gem.http://www.stromtrooper.com/images/moresmilies/mod2_clap.gif

Just for argument sake I know I was violating some laws and it is not a safe practice to double corners but I was on a road with very little traffic, good visibility, good road conditions, and known to me. I have changed the handlebars.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Just for argument sake I know I was violating some laws and it is not a safe practice to double corners but I was on a road with very little traffic, good visibility, good road conditions, and known to me. I have changed the handlebars.
I won't tell.

·
0 Posts
I've never ridden above the posted Speed Limit...and I'm appalled that you did.

You better watch telling stories like this...as it may get you BANNED.

The Mods around here can be real a$$holes!!!.

BTD.:)

·
Registered
336 Posts
We all break laws with our motorcycling escapades. Welcome, enjoy and be careful.

It's just normal. Anyone whom proclaims that it's not doesn't actually ride a motorcycle.

Btw, I hit 125mph the other day on one of my other bikes; a Triumph Rocket III. It felt good. And I didn't poke my eye out. :)

Kindest Regards,

-Will

·
Administrator
13,741 Posts
...and it is not a safe practice to double corners but I was on a road with very little traffic, good visibility, good road conditions, and known to me....
What does "Double corners" mean?

..Tom

·
Registered
336 Posts
Never ever exceed the Federally Mandated Speed Limit.

I always obey the posted speed limits.

I never lie.

You must live in Smallville.

Come on down here to the Washington-Baltimore corridor. You will become a front grill ornament in short order if you don't go with the flow of traffic here. Which always above the speed limit.

80mph constant on the Maryland Interstates is normal.

Kindest regards,

-Will

·
Registered
132 Posts
A LEO friend explained to me that, at least here in Washington, those yellow recommended speed limits on curves are just that, recommended. They are not enforceable.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
true but...

A LEO friend explained to me that, at least here in Washington, those yellow recommended speed limits on curves are just that, recommended. They are not enforceable.
Absolutely correct, I have a "friend" :) too. Those are safe speed suggestions and are not enforceable however in general if you double them you will usually be in excess of the posted speed limit.

·
Administrator
13,741 Posts
Yes...A cage will do 15 and a bike will do 30. With only half as many wheels we get to double the speed. :bom_evilgrin:
Would a unicycle do 60 then?

..Tom

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Took the New-to-Me 2007 DL1000 out for a short little test ride (140 miles RT). I was a little concerned the DL100o would not cure my need for speed in the corners. Boy, did it dispel that concern. I was absolutely impressed how the bikes handles. I was able to cruise on the open highway comfortably and when it came to the twisty's, doubling corners was a blast. The bike is a fun sport bike hidden in a stock Adventure motorcycle (I have changed the handlebars). I am very happy with purchase!! What a gem.http://www.stromtrooper.com/images/moresmilies/mod2_clap.gif

Truth be told...doubling the recommended speed in a corner is my norm.
"Life is Graded On a Curve" ...and life is good... :cool:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Really? I always lie. Everything I say is a lie. I'm lying right now. :)

This statement is logically confusing :D

If you always lie, then the statement "I'm lying right now" would have to be a lie. But, that would mean that you are not lying right now, which makes no sense lol.

Therefore, the correct association that I can make about you is that,
1) you don't ALWAYS lie
2) some things you say are lies (like your first 2 statements :D)
3) you WERE telling the truth when you said "I'm lying right now", which is possible since the first two things you said were lies :)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
This statement is logically confusing :D

If you always lie, then the statement "I'm lying right now" would have to be a lie. But, that would mean that you are not lying right now, which makes no sense lol.

Therefore, the correct association that I can make about you is that,
1) you don't ALWAYS lie
2) some things you say are lies (like your first 2 statements :D)
3) you WERE telling the truth when you said "I'm lying right now", which is possible since the first two things you said were lies :)
AAUUGGHH!!! Brain Cramp....must---get---outside....ride---bike---till---pain---goes---away! ;) :cool:

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I'm glad you like your new bike. I've had my DL650 for 2 years now and that "I really love this bike" feeling hasn't even begun to subside. Can't say that about anything else I've ever owned.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts