PerazziPlease feel free to point out where the DL was bashed.
Having had a DL you wouldn't have to worry I wouldn't take your DL as trade for any of my "unreliable German pieces of shit".
BMW GS Boxers hae:
1) generous low end torque
2) easy valve service
3) well integrated electronics
4) well integrated options, both hardware and software based.
5) Hold their resale relatively well)
They are also
1) Less reliable than V-stroms. Wait till your final drive goes
2) Require more checking of said valves
3) Increasingly heavy as they get newer.
4) Expensive when new and most of the good stuff is optional
5) truly atrocious seats; worse than even gen II storms.
Buy the GS if you want to go around the world the hard way — i.e. lots of mud — get a GS (but put a new rear end before you leave).
Buy the V-strom if you want to go around the world the easy way —i.e. mostly the road — with no stops for a broken down motorcycle or periodic maintenance.