StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took out the new 2012 wee today from the local dealer in Christchurch. Loved it. The engine has more low down torque than my 2007, is much smoother especially low down the rev range, I found myself easily bobbling along in 5th at 50k/hr and still accelerating smoothly. Gone is the 'bucket of nails' rattle (admittedly quite a small bucket), the engine sounds just great.

Gearbox - yummy, double yummy actually. Like the water cooled oil filter thingy which does away with the silly oil cooler stuck right behind the front wheel (anyone know if it can be retro fitted to my 2007?).

Buffeting problem still not completely gone but I suspect a laminar lip/madstad bracket type fix would cure this, it did for my 2007 (bear in mind I am 6ft 2"). Seat much comfyier than the old model, good, solid braking, suspension a little harsh (but riding it straight out of the box so no doubt this can be improved). I clocked up 170k on a variety of roads ranging from town, high speed straights to mountain twisties and loved every minute.

All I have to do now is decide whether or not to sell the 2007 and the beemer in order buy the 2012. A tough decision....

·
Registered
524 Posts
I know right...

After seeing the bike in person yesterday - if I had disposable cash right now (or if the wife wouldn't kill me), I would have bought it. It is that nice.

I'd say go ahead and sell the beemer, keep the '07 and buy the 2012. That way you'll have a back-up frame and rims in case you ever need them....:thumbup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know right...

After seeing the bike in person yesterday - if I had disposable cash right now (or if the wife wouldn't kill me), I would have bought it. It is that nice.

I'd say go ahead and sell the beemer, keep the '07 and buy the 2012. That way you'll have a back-up frame and rims in case you ever need them....:thumbup:
Same answer... :thumbup::thumbup: kiss goodbye the Beem and go ahead...:hurray:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts