StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to do an Iron Butt this weekend but as slightly under the weather and there are heavy thunderstorms all up the east coast Sunday so... I went to a motorcycle rally in Romney WV and did some test rides!

I rode a FJ-09 and a Bandit (very different bikes) and came away pretty glad that I bought the Strom! Both bikes were nice, the Bandit engine pulled like a freight train in any gear, but a little cramped (I'm sure some new handlebars would fix that) and only five gears. The Yamaha transmission may have been the smoothest transmission I have ever rowed through, but she was just a little buzzy. Didn't get the chance to get on the Super10, bet I would have liked it.

·
Administrator
17,389 Posts
Was real nice talking to you today and riding with you on the demos, you should remember me. :wink2: I never told you who I was here on the forum, I like to stay mysterious at times. :grin2: I had a total love affair with the GSX-S1000FA oh how I want to add one in the garage.

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
Was real nice talking to you today and riding with you on the demos, you should remember me. :wink2: I never told you who I was here on the forum, I like to stay mysterious at times. :grin2:.
https://youtu.be/sOLnb7BrMC8

Hey.. It's late, what can I say... :grin2:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Was real nice talking to you today and riding with you on the demos, you should remember me. :wink2: I never told you who I was here on the forum, I like to stay mysterious at times. :grin2: I had a total love affair with the GSX-S1000FA oh how I want to add one in the garage.
That's a bike I want to try. The seating position is marvellous at the dealers. I want to ride it! How was it ??

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big B! Super nice meeting you. Next year I'll spend a little more time at Romney Cycle. I'll try out a S1000FA soon!

·
Administrator
17,389 Posts
That's a bike I want to try. The seating position is marvellous at the dealers. I want to ride it! How was it ??
Let's just put it this way......I WANT ONE!!!! The gearbox and incredible engine are intoxicating, and I was very pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it was. So damn smooth......so fast, great brakes and suspension!!! With a better seat and some soft bags, I could easily make it a decent weekend "hyper"touring machine and hooligan fun!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Let's just put it this way......I WANT ONE!!!! The gearbox and incredible engine are intoxicating, and I was very pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it was. So damn smooth......so fast, great brakes and suspension!!! With a better seat and some soft bags, I could easily make it a decent weekend "hyper"touring machine and hooligan fun!
I like the faired and naked versions equally. Decent power, nice ergos. Not sure about the States but here in Canada the naked can be had in matte grey.... so nice!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts