StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am still having some issues with my new 09 Vee. I know it is a big twin but it really feels like it is vibrating too much and that it is banging at low rpms. today I was riding in 4th at about 3500 and was stuttering from time to time...

The bike only has 350 miles on it and it feels like it is bogging down at anything under 2k in any gear... I can only ride for 30 min before my hands go numb and that is with grip puppies.

I have been to the dealer and they said that something did not seem right but they could not find anything.. I know I am spoiled from riding my Goldwing but I have ridden a lot of bikes and this just does not feel right..

Is there anyone near Deer Park NY (long Island) with a Vee that would meet so we compare my Vee's ride to yours.

· $Whatever$
1,602 Posts
Yep, that's the big Vee..... Keep it spinning above 4000, it doesn't like low RPMs........

· Registered
522 Posts
The Vee is really at home spining above 3K in the higher gears and will tolerate 2.5K in the first three. I'm sure the engine on your Vee is still a little stiff and the jetting is a little lean down low. Don't try to lug the bike around down at rpms lower than 3K as it just doesn't care for it one bit. I really had to change my riding style for the Vee and so far it has worked out quite well. I've never felt my hands even get the slightest bit fatigued and I've spent a few hours/miles on mine this year.

If I lived close by I would offer to go for a ride and swap out bikes along the way. Indiana is just a little far away from you though.

· Registered
1,653 Posts
Sounds like you need to balance your throttle bodies and do the secondary plate adjustment. Do the secondary plate adjustment before the balance. You will find your vee pulls much smoother from those rpm's. They really don't have to run that way.

· Registered
299 Posts
Yup, balancing and remapping the ECU make a huge difference in the lower RPM range operation. It's still a big V-twin with relatively light flywheels so don't expect Harley like low end.

But mine will chug quite reasonably from 2.5k on up while cruising around town or putting down a scenic road in the forest. I hate riding with a bunch of revs during slow going, and you don't have to once you get things ironed out. Just be reasonable with the throttle and don't expect it to be like a Harley or inline 4.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.