StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to Test Ride a V-Strom

My Harley-Davidson is for sale ...and I am really liking the V-Strom (DL1000).

I am very interested in test riding a V-Strom with a Madstad bracket installed... I have ridden a DL1000 briefly with the stock shield. I am 6'3" with a 32inch inseam. I like the Bike except the Buffeting ...and I want to make sure I dont buy something that gives me a headache.

Anyone in the North Atlanta Area want to rent out your bike for a few hours?

Kurt in Cumming, GA
404-668-4358
[email protected]

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would if I had an 04 or up but mine's an 03. I did ad the Tall Givi shield to mine and it works well.

BTW I also gave up my Harley(XL1200R) for a DL1000 and you won't be disappointed, neither will your passenger.

Good Luck,
Bob

·
Registered
12 Posts
Happy to help out. I am down the road in Pine Mountain, Ga. Right by Callaway Gardens.
Give me a call at 706 402 1500 during the day.

DL 1000
Madstat
Audiovox CC
Garmin 2730

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply

I will give you a call...
It looks like you are about 2 hours away from me... so maybe I could travel down on a Saturday or a Sunday?

·
Registered
168 Posts
My Harley-Davidson is for sale ...and I am really liking the V-Strom (DL1000).

I am very interested in test riding a V-Strom with a Madstad bracket installed... I have ridden a DL1000 briefly with the stock shield. I am 6'3" with a 32inch inseam. I like the Bike except the Buffeting ...and I want to make sure I dont buy something that gives me a headache.

Anyone in the North Atlanta Area want to rent out your bike for a few hours?

Kurt in Cumming, GA
404-668-4358
[email protected][/QUOT

Go ahead and just order a Madstad. It works better than anything else. I have it on a stock shield and it stopped the buffeting completely. It is a V-Strom specific device, so it would not be on the market if it didn't work.

Stan Henley

1 - 6 of 6 Posts