StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all first post...I have decided to downsize sold the harley and I took my first ride today on a 05 wee 26k miles decently farkled average condition for miles. but no deal was struck he was asking $4300 said he would drop to $3900 with removal of skid plate. I told him I was all in at $3700. Next week I hope to check out 2008 wee abs 4k miles a little scrached up very few farkles asking price 4k..Not having a bike in garage for a few weeks has driven me crazy and surprised myshelf walking away today!:confused:

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Even $3700 for 05 with this mileage it was way to much. That 08 sounds like a much better deal (specialy with ABS). Good luck.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Geez, I bought my '05 with 13k miles and some farkles for 4k 5 years ago! Seems to me that walking away was the right thing to do unless it was set up exactly how you wanted it and would need no more farkles.

mikeg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pricing

Struggling a bit with pricing myself, also looking at an 05 (12K, no farkles) and NADA & KBB vary by almost $1k. Seems to be an OK deal, seller asking $2500. Bike has been dropped and I haven't seen the damage (supposedly minimal). Would prefer ABS, so may pass.

Mark

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I'm surprised by some of the comments in this thread.

Just how low in price do we believe 25-30K miles mostly stock Wees (04, 05, 06) should sell for (private sale)? When I see $2500 - $3500 mentioned that seems darned cheap to me yet to some of you that's still too much. Remember these things are supposed to go lots and lots of miles - more-or-less trouble free.

Makes me wonder what my '07 non-ABS Wee (stock - new PR4s) is worth. It doesn't matter much - just curious I guess. Comments welcome. Don't worry about hurting my feelings. :yikes:

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Shop around on this forum, some really nice deals come around quite often. As far as what they are worth, who knows? I guess whatever a buyer is willing to pay. I know mine is worth more to me than I would ever sell for, its a keeper until I run it into the ground and it has to be carried away on a flatbed.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How a came up with $3700 it was in the middle of KBB and NADA plus it was exactly what I was looking for.. I was gonna start him off at $3500 But told him $3700 all in. Since then He has called and has told me he still owes $3900. He will have a long wait to find someone to pay for that mistake of a purchase.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm surprised by some of the comments in this thread.

Just how low in price do we believe 25-30K miles mostly stock Wees (04, 05, 06) should sell for (private sale)? When I see $2500 - $3500 mentioned that seems darned cheap to me yet to some of you that's still too much. Remember these things are supposed to go lots and lots of miles - more-or-less trouble free.

Makes me wonder what my '07 non-ABS Wee (stock - new PR4s) is worth. It doesn't matter much - just curious I guess. Comments welcome. Don't worry about hurting my feelings. :yikes:
NADA retail 4550
KBB retail 3865
Both of these are no options and there is no mileage input

Like stated above its worth whatever somebody will pay for it.

I checked the '05 I mentioned above @$2500, bike is in good shape other than pretty bad cosmetic damage on fairing. It's a good deal, just can't decide if I want to be without ABS.

·
Administrator
16,615 Posts
They are not worth much, and when you add endless farkles to make the bike "your own" you lose your butt even more. Too much asking price for the bike in question, and that is not just my opinion. ;)

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
NADA retail 4550
KBB retail 3865
Both of these are no options and there is no mileage input

Like stated above its worth whatever somebody will pay for it.

I checked the '05 I mentioned above @$2500, bike is in good shape other than pretty bad cosmetic damage on fairing. It's a good deal, just can't decide if I want to be without ABS.
Thanks for the info (and for taking the time). I'm assuming the numbers are for an 07 Wee.

Too many guys here with lots more experience than me want ABS, so it must have real value. Guess I'll really try to get an ABS Strom next time around.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
They are not worth much, and when you add endless farkles to make the bike "your own" you lose your butt even more...
Apparently not. Wow.

I've recently seen a nice '11 Wee, low miles, few nice farkles for what I thought was a tempting price. Even though it's not a new-gen Wee I'd thought of making an offer to trade up 4 years, trade down about 20K miles and to get ABS. Ride it a couple / three years then trade for a used Vee2. Guess I'd better be careful what I offer...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the info (and for taking the time). I'm assuming the numbers are for an 07 Wee.

Too many guys here with lots more experience than me want ABS, so it must have real value. Guess I'll really try to get an ABS Strom next time around.
You are welcome and correct- '07.

I've never ridden an ABS bike, (my VFR had linked brakes but I don't think it had ABS) but it seems it would be safer. Unfortunately they are harder to find and a lot more $$$.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts