StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings, just bought a DL1000 V-Strom!

Hello,
This is my first post/visit to this Forum, I just registered today. Yesterday, I bought a 2002 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom in excellent condition. It has 38,000 miles, clearly has been well maintained & serviced. It has an upgraded seat, much more comfortable than the stock one (which he gave me), has all three V-Strom hard cases for storage, both sides & on top. In the last few months, has had new battery, chain & both sprockets replaced, new tire on back. Also has three windscreens; stock, taller, & tallest. (tallest one is on now, its great!) The bike came with a CD Rom for service, repair & maintenance, the original owners manual, a 2002 Suzuki brochure for the V-Strom, a 2002 issue of "Riders" magazine with an article about first test ride & review of the "new" Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom. Also, various receipts for upgrades, service, parts, ect. Negotiated cash price $3300.
He said he was selling it only because of their new baby. When I first looked at the bike in his driveway, his wife came out holding their first child, a baby boy, their new family addition. They needed money to buy a small station wagon, so a "toy" had to go!
Anyway, they both seemed like nice people, he clearly had a passion for the bike, keeping it in tip-top shape.
He suggested I check out this Forum, said he had found it very useful. I look forward to learning from you all.
Thanks for having me here. :D
ZenRider52

·
Cowboys aint easy to love
2,115 Posts
Yes, sir! Speaking from personal experience, you will benefit from this forum. Scan it all to see where your possible future posts belong. Send in $20 and become a $tromtrooper and the hotheads and hardasses here will probably leave you in peace.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Hey Zen! It's always great to have a new inmate join us here in this particular asylum. Post often and let us know how goes it! Welcome to all is V-Strom! Ride safe, ride often. :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts