StromTrooper banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, y'all did that group buy end of last year. It's warmed up enough now for some long trip(6-10hrs in the saddle) to give you an idea if this was a good buy.

Yes, I'm looking at my seat options, so give up the saddle reviews.......:yesnod:

I just emailed Terry, he got back to me quick and yes, he can do up to 2" more in height from the stock seat and I am waiting for a ballpark quote from him. Luckily I am about 2 hrs from him so it will be a ftf exchange.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've had mine since last spring and really do like mine. When I got my bike it had a stock seat and I knew I had to get something different. Got a Sargent and it was a lot better than stock. But still after 2 hours or so my back side would get to hurting and it would be time for a break. Got one of Terry's seat and I could ride even longer and there was more room to move around and move the pressure points on the old back side. When I got it, it set me a little lower and talk to Terry about building me one that was 2" higher and he did. After I got it, and rode on it, it was like the Sargent seat in comfort and set me up to high. He had told me I probably woudn't like it and he was right. Had Terry build me another one like the first one. In all my dealing with Terry he was always very helpful and nice doing business with him.

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
I had him work on mine, a month or so before the group buy was offered. I had mine one inch taller, and the passenger section done for my wife. I couldn't handle the stock seat for long, and tried the Suzuki accessory gel, it was no better, for me. I had a Russell Day Long on a bike years ago, but was unwilling to drop that kind of $$$ again. The seat Terry did for me has made an incredible difference, flatter, wider, firmer, and better for all day comfort. I'm leaving for my annual 4,000 mile trip next month, and am confident I'll be much, much more comfortable than the last two years. My wife and I did a short day trip/picnic on Memorial Day, just under 300 miles, I could have gone much further. If you're shopping, and price/performance is an issue, it's worth a look, especially if you don't have to pay freight both ways.

·
Premium Member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info..........another question;

Do any of stand much, and if so does the seat width get in the way?

·
Registered
69 Posts
terry seat very happy

hi very happy with the seat, did 350 plus miles last saturday.
performed great, I bought it mostly for the passenger comfort which is excellent.
I am very happy with it and highly recommend it.
after riding two days with it, more comfortable the more your ride.
enjoy

·
Registered
288 Posts
I am new here and never knew of Terry. Does he have a website?

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
I just spoke to him today after reading this thread. Sounds like a good guy. I'm going to be getting rid of the Corbin seat on my new to me 05 Vee and have him rework the stock seat.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I sent my seat away to Terry a few weeks ago. The other day he said he was done and I should be expecting it in a few days. He's a good guy to talk to and seems like he has a pretty loyal following for his seats. I'm going to give a small review of the seat in a month or so when I can get some serious miles on it. Terry mentioned to me that this is a pretty busy time for him because riding season is starting and people are looking to upgrade to one of his seats.

·
Premium Member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, Terry keeps core's so you don't have much down time, or in my case I can ride there and swap seats. I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on one since the oem seat's shallow dish at the rear keeps pushing me forward and numbing my arse in 45 min.

For me I am going 1" taller and 1" more to the rear than stock. Terry says this only adds $40 to the build...sounds good to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.