StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a V-Strom and haven't got the hard bags yet. Does anyone know if you have room to put a tent on top of or between side bag and trunk? Without burning it on the exhaust. I had a Gs850G and could pack an amazing amount of stuff on that Bike.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One reason I went with the Touratech Hard Cases was the flat surface with bungee loops on the top of the box. This will make it very easy to secure my tent on top of my side cases. It would be difficult to do this method with the Suzuki or Givi cases.

The exhaust covers don't get too hot, but of course would melt tent material that isn't designed for higher temperatures.

Brendan

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tents and Gear

Thanks for the info, however I bought the Suzuki hard bags at time of purchase and it is taking them forever to get them in. :evil: I do like the look of the aluminum paniers though....

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tent & Gear

I have a Givi E460 Trunk and E21 Cruiser Side Cases. I had no problem strapping my REI Taj3 tent, sleeping bag & ThermaRest pad (individually packed in "V-Strom" yellow waterproof stuff sacks, courtesy of REI's Kuyaking dept.) resting them atop the E21s, strapped against the sides of the E460 trunk case.

I'll be adding Givi's little tubular rack for the top of the E460. I also have a Rev-Pack Touring Pack (amazing product, by the way) that straddles the passenger seat area. The RevPack with all its d-rings makes a perfect base for resting and securing my Storm Case (camera gear).

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not a problem

I have the suzuki (kappa) bags and I had no problem putting the tent on one side and therma rest on the other. The only downside is that I couldn't get to the latches of the side bags easily without removing the tent or therma rest.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Gear

Stromies

I can know bring all my gear for camping. Bought the largest Sealine Boundary pack/dry bag 115Litres. It fits great over the back seat and the luggage rack. Does not impede the side case locks. The bag comes with lots of straps so when you clamp it down on the bike it will not come off. also makes a good back rest. With this much capacity I can bring all my gear plus my luxury items, such as a tarp and a seat.

Scooter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts