Strom Trooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend my Vee developed an exhaust leak (the connection under the seat, in front of the rear tire) and after greywolf identified the part I needed (thanks) I got it ordered. But I needed to make it rideable (or crank up the gas drinkin hemi), so with a little advice from the good ole boys at the local auto parts store, here is what I did. I got some heavy duty tin foil (I know somebody just rolled their eyes to the back of their head) and folded it afew times into a strip about 2 inches wide and long enough to go around the pipe and put it where the connector gasket would normaly go. I had to lower the rear part of the exhaust to do this. Then I bolted everything back in place and wrapped the outside of the pipe tightly several times with tin foil (a strip about 4 inches wide) and put a radiator hose clamp on the top and bottom. It's been 4 days and about a hundred miles and it's still holding. Just thought I would pass this along. POOR BOY GOTS POOR BOY WAYS. Hope it helps somebody out. God Bless---Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
530 Posts
You should see the exhaust on my car - I think I have 3 pop cans that I have cut and wrapped around leaks and clamped with hose clamps - one of these days I will need to get the pipe replaced or start drinking more pop.


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top