StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
13,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting variation in weather today:

Left home this morning at 8am and it was 8.5 degrees Celcius (47 degrees Fahrenheit) , left work around 3:30 and it was 30.5 degrees Celsius (almost 87 degrees Fahrenheit)

..Tom

·
Registered
748 Posts
ya, definitely need to do the layer thing,I leave for work at 6:30 am ....It can be chilly these days!:):)

Great ride home today though!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ya, some mornings now it is brass balls 6:15 am on the 404, and then sweat them off on the way home, like tonight. I layer as well. What a great year for riding though eh? Not good for my poor tomatoes though, or the grass. Heading to Algonquin with some work buddies to see the leaves on Friday.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Ya, some mornings now it is brass balls 6:15 am on the 404, and then sweat them off on the way home, like tonight. I layer as well. What a great year for riding though eh? Not good for my poor tomatoes though, or the grass. Heading to Algonquin with some work buddies to see the leaves on Friday.
The leaves around Collingwood and the Beaver Valley were great this past weekend. Not at their peak yet but still spectacular views and riding.

Chilly here on the ride into work in the mornings also. Layer up and love my heated seat!:-D

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
I find myself stopping every hour to remove a layer of clothing. When I left this morning it was 7C, when I got back it was 25C. I enjoy riding at this time of year. It's refreshing in the early morning, and toasty in the afternoon. Riding season is coming to a close too quickly:( Enjoy it while it lasts :D

SS

·
Registered
112 Posts
left for work yesterday it was 7C just past milton it dropped down to 3C and then back up to 11C in waterloo....coming home it was 30C. go go layering. watching both my mirrors frost over and then melt was an interesting experience.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
It's refreshing in the early morning,
Refreshing indeed, it has been in the minus numbers most mornings here.

There is a hill near here that, when conditions are right, instantly produces frost on the mirrors on my car as you get to the top. On the Strom it also frosts the windscreen. There is a really cool pattern that forms around the Givi logo when it starts to dissipate. Kind of like wings.

·
Administrator
13,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a GIVI windsheild as well as a Madstad bracket.. when the windshield partially fogs up I am sure I see the same pattern you see.. a deep "V" formation if I recall correctly.. that follows the air streamlines on the windshield. It 's a pretty neat pattern!

..Tom

Refreshing indeed, it has been in the minus numbers most mornings here.

There is a hill near here that, when conditions are right, instantly produces frost on the mirrors on my car as you get to the top. On the Strom it also frosts the windscreen. There is a really cool pattern that forms around the Givi logo when it starts to dissipate. Kind of like wings.

·
Administrator
13,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In 45 minutes:

5.5 degrees C when I left home in Mount Albert, 21 when I arrived in Woodbridge.

Even in the first 10 minutes leaving home the cold dips were around 5 or 6 and the higher spots were 11 or so.

..Tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts