StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm trying to calculate the distance between 2 screw holes but i can't.

could you help me guys? it's where the center stand goes... i make a center stand by myself a couple weeks but the distance between has been wrong and i had to fix it

my idea it's make it without issues

could you tell me the distance please? (in MM pls!!!!)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,539 Posts
Do you have a pair of engineer's dividers? If so, put one point on the centre of the bolt and the other on the centre of the hex screw. Lock the dividers then use a rule to measure the distance between the divider tips.

I no longer have a Strom otherwise I'd go and measure mine.

I don't know if you use the same terms for tools as us but these are what we call "dividers".

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a pair of engineer's dividers? If so, put one point on the centre of the bolt and the other on the centre of the hex screw. Lock the dividers then use a rule to measure the distance between the divider tips.

I no longer have a Strom otherwise I'd go and measure mine.

I don't know if you use the same terms for tools as us but these are what we call "dividers".

thanks p38 but the size of the tool on the needle point wasn't the same size of the screw hole... so maybe i will takes the wrong size

·
Registered
173 Posts
Also, the distance is probably a whole number of millimeters. Engineers aren't going to use a fractional distance for something as crude as the center stand. For example, the distance might be 155 mm instead of 155.734 mm.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Measured on my '16 650 to be exactly 70mm between the center of the two bolts. Hope that works for you and good luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Measured on my '16 650 to be exactly 70mm between the center of the two bolts. Hope that works for you and good luck!
THANKS A LOT DOBODO!!!

could you take a pic too see if the model changes something trought the years?

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Its hard for me to fathom being able to fabricate a homemade center stand but cannot figure out how to measure the distance between the centerline of 2 fasteners.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its hard for me to fathom being able to fabricate a homemade center stand but cannot figure out how to measure the distance between the centerline of 2 fasteners.
it's because i drill the two holes but i had to fix it later (making a bigger hole) the idea its drill the exactly size of the screw

·
Registered
20 Posts
THANKS A LOT DOBODO!!!

could you take a pic too see if the model changes something trought the years?
I could take a pic but it would look exactly like the one you posted at the top. All DL650's from 2012-2016 should be the same as far as a center stand is concerned.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I could take a pic but it would look exactly like the one you posted at the top. All DL650's from 2012-2016 should be the same as far as a center stand is concerned.
Actually I think the stand from my 2005 Wee would fit my 2017. There is but one difference and that is where the muffler is. That changes the "stop" where the rubber bumper goes to rest against the piece on the exhaust pipe. Silly me screwed up and when I traded my '05 in I should have pulled the center stand off and put it on my new bike. I looked up part numbers and there was a different number. Later I learned the holder for the little rubber piece was all that was different. I bought an after market stand listed for ''05-"17 and sure enough all I had to do was make a simple bracket for the rubber bumper. Took all of ten minutes with a piece of flat metal I got from Home Depot. Cut it off, drilled two holes and then mounted it up. You can find pictures of this with some searching.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts