StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 DL1000 V-Strom having hiccup/cough at low rpm's.It's all stock and I don't want to do any modifications other than to get it to run smoothly.Power Commander is a little pricey and what I have read about the TECHLUSION TFI it seems it might cure my problem plus it's more affordable.Can anyone help me here?

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Rusty, I have installed the Techlusion/DFO and it works fantastic.

I have used the POWER Kommander on my HD and it is great as well. The DFO is much simpler to use and 1/2 the price of the USB PC and no Computer is needed for tuning.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SEMPERVEE, Thanks for the input.I'm still curious to hear from some V-Strom 1000 owners about their experience with the TECHLUSION TFI and if it solved their problems similar to mine.COMEON V-STROMMERS I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!

R

·
0 Posts
I used a Techlusion box on my TL1000S. I did not see a noticeable difference with it and it suffered from the same 3000RPM stumble as the DL1000 seems to have. I had it on during my trip to Deal's Gap and after some spirited riding the bike started sputtering and blowing smoke as if I had blown the engine. I removed the Techlusion box and all was fine. That incident cured me of at least the box and trying to mess with the ECU.

C

·
0 Posts
Get your hands on a Yosh box or Teka and save your money. I remapped with the Yosh and ALL of the FI issues have been resolved.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate all the responses.I'm getting my DL 1000 remapped Thursday 10/27/05 with a YOSH BOX.Gotta drive about 90 miles to do it though.Freaken dealer in my home town didn't even know what a YOSH BOX was.I'll post an update after the remapp.Thanks All.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got my DL 1000 remapped with a YOSHI BOX today at PERFOMANCE PLUS SUZUKI in MEMPHIS TN.+5 at low and mid on my stock bike.So far no noticable hiccups/coughs/burps at low RPM'S.Surge seems to have improved also when applying throttle in first gear.Guy that did the remapping didn't think it would solve my problem initially,but after he drove it around to the service area then back around front after the remapp he stated that he noticed an improvement.Cost me all of $15.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts