StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm trying to find out if anyone in the GTA might be doing work on their bikes and might let me watch? (i know, sounds pervy)

i'm specifically looking to watch someone remove the wheels and perform a tire change. Yes, I've watched youtube videos, but i would prefer do see it/do it hands on.

i'm willing to use my own bike for this.

I'm preparing for some long trips in 2012 and would like to be prepared.

anyone know if Rosey Toes would allow someone to watch?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Rosey Toes will allow you to watch as his shop is an open environment, not behind closed doors like some other shops. I think he charges around $20-30 tire change.
That said, many people who likes their bikes nice and clean are wary of him scratching their rims when doing tire changes though many Strom owners could care less. I used to use his services for many years when I had bikes that were old beaters & I didn't know any better.

·
Administrator
13,910 Posts
A lot of times I help Ted when he does mine. (The little spacer on the left rear is a pain in the butt so a third hand is very helpful.) ted will often get you to put grease on the axle, etc while you are there.

..Tom

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
many thanks. this is exactly what I need.

on a side note, any of you guys slime your tires?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
on a side note, any of you guys slime your tires?
I am not sure what you mean by "slime you tires"... However, if you mean as a tire repair, I would not use it... I use the sticky rope method with rubber glue to repair tire punctures...

·
Administrator
13,910 Posts
I have heard Slime is hard to get out when changing tires.

I used "Ride-On" in the past but lost interest and just carry a repair kit for flats. (I change tires too often because of the mileage I do.)

..Tom

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
I too have used ride on in the past but haven't for some time. Heading on a long trip eg Mexico I would use it though. Their website video showing multiple punctures with an ice pick and riding on is impressive. I carry tubeless repair + a can of fix a flat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts