StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no owners manual yet, and seeing a red TC in a round icon at the one o'clock position, can someone enlighten me. T.

·
Premium Member
4,219 Posts
When the light is on, it means your TC is in off position. I found this annoying, so just set mine to #1 position.

Never use #2 on a dirt road as the first hill you come to you will stall, and stall again, and again and again.. DAMHIK. ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've always turned mine off for dirt, but what is it like riding around on street/dirt in setting one? Any noticeable difference? This is my first bike with any electronics haha.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I still have yet for my TC to kick in. Probably because I never ride dirt or wet roads. I am curious to know what it feels like when it does though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
When you get your front wheel in the air it will kick in, "the power drops" and so does the wheel.

My first road test ride with a 16t front sprocket had the light flashing when on the least sensitive setting but I was having fun.

If you are concerned about safety on the road leave it on, if you want some drifting fun leave it off.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I still have yet for my TC to kick in. Probably because I never ride dirt or wet roads. I am curious to know what it feels like when it does though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Put the TC in sensitive '2' mode and go try some power wheelies.

·
Administrator
13,816 Posts
Mine is normally in the least-intrusive active mode (Mode 1 I believe) and kicks in at some point almost every day. On rainy days or other days with less traction I'll put it in mode 2.

If slippery out you will see the light blinking as you notice the throttle is effectively turned down. On dry roads with full throttle in low gears you will get this funny "pogo" sensation as the front comes off the ground, power gets shut down, front comes back down power gets turned on again. I'm sure it looks hilarious to an onlooker.

..Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts