StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice! I installed a new Yoshimura slip on muffler on my 2014 dl1000 strom yesterday. When I started my bike the TC light and the ABS light stays on and will not go out. Called Yoshimura and they assured me it had nothing to do with changing the muffler. All I know, is that it never had happened before until I put the muffler on. Can anybody give me any advice as to what happened and why? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
need some help! I installed a new Yoshimura muffler on my 2014 dl1000 strom yesterday. after starting the engine, the TC light and the ABS light will not go out.. Yoshimua said the muffler could not have caused that. Can someone please give me an idea of what went wrong. Thanks

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Take a look at the rear wheel sensor. Chances are you did something to move it or did something to the wire leading to it. It's more likely affected than the front wheel sensor when working with the exhaust.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
See the red arrow at the rear wheel.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I installed the same pipe and had no issues. I'd check your wires.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Have you ridden the bike ?

The lights will not go out until you ride a few meters/yards

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Have you ridden the bike ?

The lights will not go out until you ride a few meters/yards
ABS light will stay on until you start moving, TC light is always on if TC is turned off.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Its one clamp and 1 bolt, you wouldnt have been anywhere near any wires/sensors. Did you have it on a center stand at all running the engine with the bike in gear? or with the rear wheel turning from clutch drag?
I suggest as others have , to ride it ;)

My V2 has had the exhaust change to aftermarket twice (5 minute job) and no issues at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts