StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went over a bump in the road and the TC ABS & Engine management lights all came on. The power cut as if it was running on 1 cylinder and I rolled it to a stop.

I lifted the seat and checked as much as I could get at, was all tight and connected and looked for any fluid leaks but all seemed fine so I re-started it and it fired up fine and feels like both cylinders are firing - but all 3 of the the lights stayed on along with FI flashing on the dash and the speedo doesn't work just reads 0mph . The rest of the dash seems fine - the oil light goes out and the gear position works.

It is booked into the dealer for first service on Monday and they will look into this as well. :frown2:

Has anyone else had this problem with their 2017 ?

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Sounds like a bad ground, or a main connector that is loose or compromised. Whats the voltage at the battery while running?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ignition on bottom display showing 12v before starting.

Start the engine and after a couple of seconds the display changes to 14.0 v ....14.2 v when I blip the throttle (same as it has been from new so far)

It has done 560 miles from new - never got wet or gone off road.

The bump I hit was a bad bit of road surface, enough to give a good jolt.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dealer will look at it Monday but for my own peace of mind I would like to see if I can locate or solve the problem. It stops me always having the thought in the back of my mind. I can get a bit paranoid about reliabilty.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Check the wheel sensors that feed wheel speed info to the ABS and traction control modules. Is the speedo registering okay?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Front wheel sensor

It looks like it was the front wheel sensor. I got help from the UK forum and a couple of great guys suggested wheel sensors and sure enough the front one had jolted loose. I was really concerned and who would have thought that the dash would display "FI" and "engine management light" for a wheel sensor. The TC and ABS lights with 0mph makes sense but the others ?

Anyway - thank you for your input and a lesson learned for me that the lights don't always mean what they say :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts