StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Wee (E33-Calif. model)that needs the 600 m. service. I prefer to do this service myself, and am wondering if anyone has had a problem with the TB's needing synchronization. The TB synch is required at the 600 mile dealer service on an E-33. My idle is constant at about 1200rpm with no discernable hick-ups or surging upon acceleration, so I'm assuming the TB to be within spec. as well as the TPS. Any other symptoms I should be looking for that would necessitate doing the sync?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All California Wee's are E33. Just some different smog stuff required by CARB. I think I read also that the E33 is sold in several other states as well.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just went through this service. The Dealer did synch the TB's as part of that service. The results were not satisfactory. I purchased a TwinMax and did it myself to correct what the Dealer performed poorly. There is another thread on this topic.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but I believe all U.S. models are 50 state.

I know my emissions sticker states "This Model meets all U.S. EPA and California emissions regulations" or something to that effect.

With that being said, why would a CA bike require a TBS, when my Texas bike doesn't?

After all they are the same bike with the same fuel and emissions systems correct?

Personally I would just skip the TBS unless it is running bad.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The California Air Resources Board requires it to assure emissions are kept low. It's for the air, not the bike. I wonder how many bikes are fine from the factory and have dealers screw them up.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
So a TBS is required by law in CA? How would they enforce it? I do almost all of my own maintenance, and I suspect most Vee\Wee-Strom owners do as well. Good point about the bikes being fine from the factory, and the dealers screwing them up! I have heard more than one tale of that happening.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts