StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you know, I live where Southern Ontario's spring is manufactured.
I get to check it out and report on what it will be like.

So far, it leaks a bit, and the days are still too short, but you will like it.

I will send you some of it, for you to use on Saturday January 12. :hurray:

V-Tom can look out the window at it while he is selling verandahs (I think that is what he said he sells???), but most of you will be able to ride on roads free of snow and ice ... alas still briny.

When I get another batch ready, I will tow some spring to Northern Alabama, and launch it to you. With any luck, it will guide certain burrowing rodents to provide spring extra early this year!

As always, good luck!
Keith

·
Registered
193 Posts
I will send you some of it, for you to use on Saturday January 12. :hurray:
HAH! A friend of mine was all set to go for a ride today (12C and almost sunny), when his wife informed him that she'd organized a surprise party for his birthday.

Of course, that meant I didn't ride either...

But thanks for sending the weather. There seemed to be a bunch of riders enjoying it.

Glenn

·
Registered
587 Posts
Gonna be 8 degrees in Nova Scotia on Monday. Unfortunately the massive amounts of salt on the roads means the Vee is in hibernation until sometime near the end of march

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
58* F today near Sarnia, ON. Thanks Keith! :hurray:

But couldn't you have made it last just a little bit longer?!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks Keith:

I was out and about yesterday, left Georgetown Ontario, kept to the sideroads, circumnavigated Guelph, picked up some gloves at Zdenos in Waterloo, window shopped at Royal Distributing in Guelph and made it back home. Roads were mostly salt free from the overnight rain. You can take credit for that too. Thanks - Terry

·
Registered
15,543 Posts
it will guide certain burrowing rodents to provide spring extra early this year!

I'm all for using my assault weapon to extinguish that Punxsutawney rodent and making a not so Spring stew outta what's left after a 30 round clip does it's handiwork.
Dang it was 25 degrees just south of the Rose Parade course this morning. That just ain't right.:biggrinjester:

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Geets Romo to the rescue.

... extinguish that Punxsutawney rodent ...
QUITE a few years ago, Geets Romo and Pete Griffin of CFNY in Brampton did a few numbers on a local groundhog, unnamed so far as I recall. Geets was on location to see if the rodent would see its shadow ... now, remember sunshine = see shadow = more winter ... and the weather was indeed sunny. So let's pick it up as Pete asks,

PETE: What is happening, Geets?

GEETS: I can see a fuzzy head peeping out of the burrow, Pete. Now his whole head is out of the burrow ... and he has climbed out and is facing toward the sun ... oh, no, Pete, he is starting to turn around ... BLAM!!!

GEETS: Pete, I got him. He never saw his shadow, so it's an early spring for us!

The next year, I think, Geets took a busload of tourists to a local meadow to see the groundhog, and clumsily parked his bus ON the groundhog. Mission accomplished, because again the groundhog did not see his shadow.

------------

I am pleased that the balmy weather reached you.
The next batch might be a tad damp, but I will do my best.
Keith

·
Registered
753 Posts
Thanks Keith!
Got out for a nice 250km ride saturday!
Loved every minute of it, and got my picture taken a few times as well!:mrgreen:
Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts