StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any idea how hard it is to swap the innerds as well as the cap etc. from an old tank to a new one (shell only)?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
There are two kinds of tanks, lid vented and canister vented. If you get the same kind, the swap is straight forward. If different, the venting system needs to be accommodated.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, thanks for reminding me Greywolf. Tank is going on an '05 Illinois Wee, so I believe no cannister. New tank is from an '06. Just the shell. How can I tell if it requires a cannister?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
A California legal tank has an extra spigot on the bottom for a hose to a canister. Add that to the filler well overflow tube and there are two hose connections to a non California legal tank's one. State of origin is not conclusive. I bought a 2007 Wee in Ohio that had a canister.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I didn't even know there was another kind out there, maybe there isn't in Canada?

Either way, if it's the same type it's just swapping the parts over with a few tools. Only trick I had was getting the darn fuel line off the throttle body end (It was on BACKWARDS when i bought it) which you won't need to do and taking the pump out be careful not to snag anything as you pull it out, its got stuff hanging off it that looks delicate haha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts