StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had some time to myself and set about retrieving the power wire for my GPS from under the tank where the repairers had left it. After removing the tank I decided to clean the air filter and genererally have a bit of a clean up under there. Also bought myself an oil filter thingy so I could tighten the filter to the correct torque after the oil and filter change.

The last time I did this myself was after the dreadful dust storms in 2009 and there was red dust in every nook and granny ( not a typo, just a poor attempt at humour):thumbdown:

I remembered the struggle getting the tank into position with all the fairing loosened off. And the main problem being the amount of force needed to push the tank back onto the rubber stops at the front.

So this time I sprayed the rubber bits with some silicon lubricant. Made the job much smoother and easier.

Has anybody else noticed how the Givi engine bars are about a bee's dick too close to the fairing screws?? This turns a simple task into a frustrating one if you are using the allen key from the tool kit.

Do the possums who make these things ever look at the overall end result?:headbang:

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Has anybody else noticed how the Givi engine bars are about a bee's dick too close to the fairing screws?? This turns a simple task into a frustrating one if you are using the allen key from the tool kit.

Do the possums who make these things ever look at the overall end result?:headbang:
Pick up a set of long ball-end Allen keys. Makes it trivially easy.

Thanks for the tip on lubing those rubber mounts (doh!)

Pete

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Givi bars

Yep; A tight fit! I've promised myself a long ball tip every time I undo the fairing instead of perservering with the standard long hex I use. Another trip to Supercheap. How much dust and gunk was in the air filter after all this time? A bloke I know who has been in auto part manufacturing, supplying the major car companies for many years told me that general engineering for engine longevity has now plateaued and a lot of attention is now focused on better air filtering. I'm now more fussy with filters than before as my Strom will be a long time keeper.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Air filter

Yep; A tight fit! I've promised myself a long ball tip every time I undo the fairing instead of perservering with the standard long hex I use. Another trip to Supercheap. How much dust and gunk was in the air filter after all this time? A bloke I know who has been in auto part manufacturing, supplying the major car companies for many years told me that general engineering for engine longevity has now plateaued and a lot of attention is now focused on better air filtering. I'm now more fussy with filters than before as my Strom will be a long time keeper.
The bike has been serviced by the dealer in between, every 6000kms or there abouts. Now has 32000kms and running sweeter than ever.:mrgreen:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts