StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
I use a set on my Wee. I use the largest set that Aerostitch offers. Previously, I had a similar set on a K75 and KLR-650.

They sit on top of the Pat Walsh Crash bars with the straps over the fuel tank. I carry bulky, difficult to pack items in them -- the bike cover and shower shoes in the left side and my off-bike shoes in the right side. They're not completely water proof, so things I want to keep dry (the shoes) are packed in plastic bags.

They offer good weather protection for my upper legs from above my boots to above my knee. The added width does cost a bit in fuel consumption -- I estimate 5% or so.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have those exact ones. In fact, purchased them from a fella off of Stromtrooper. I love them! You can def. tell they hold in some heat and re-direct some of the heat, so just adjust as you like where they will sit in relation to your legs...blah, blah, blah.

Verdict...worthy.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Panniers

I bought a set from Tractor Supply designed for horses. I also have set of Wolfmann ones purchased for an old dirt bike. For $30 the Tractor Supply ones are a great value since they are considerably larger and insulated. They also hold their shape better even empty. I had to modify them slightly for cycle use but it was easy and well worth it. They also cut down on the air coming around and up the tank/fairing .

·
Registered
15,430 Posts
I had a pair from some French manufacture. Made of vinyl and lockable. Unfortunately I sold them with the GS. I had lined the body with a plastic bottle that some water repellent came in. Cut off the top and it kept the shape of the panniers and kept the contents protected.
Why the heck is hind sight so freaking 20-20. I could used those on the Wee!:headbang:

·
Registered
109 Posts
During one of the sales that Aerostich had last fall, I purchased a set of the larger ones. I've only used them on a couple of short local rides and they are working fine, my knees do touch them. I'm looking forward to using them and get some weight up forward. I have mine adjusted for height so that they come to the top of the AltRider crash bars.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Search for FAMSA. A bit expensive at $300, but includes a top notch tank bag, custom fit for the bike. I love mine; had it for 2 years, and ride with it year round. Highly recommended; works just fine with engine guards.

Design "issues" - panniers are required to use the tank bag. The tank bag zippers into the system, and must be removed to gas up. Occasionally it is a bit of a chore to get the zipper started.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
I bought a set from Tractor Supply designed for horses. I also have set of Wolfmann ones purchased for an old dirt bike. For $30 the Tractor Supply ones are a great value since they are considerably larger and insulated. They also hold their shape better even empty. I had to modify them slightly for cycle use but it was easy and well worth it. They also cut down on the air coming around and up the tank/fairing .
Are these the ones you got from Tractor Supply? Weaver Leather Insulated Nylon Saddle Bag - 5046734 | Tractor Supply Company

1 - 8 of 8 Posts