StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
I just ran across pictures of the Wolfman Tank Panniers mounted on DougInKY's V-Strom. My question is how is the pannier connected in the lower front. Does the Wolfman panniers have a hook like the Aerostich or is it a loop and a buckle fitting? I have been looking at tank panniers for awhile and tried a set that my brother-in-law has from Whitehorse Press that have a hook and I can't find anything to properly hook to. I have a set of AltRider bars, but the angle does not work well. If the connection is a loop and buckle I may be able to connect it to the highway peg connected to the bash plate.

Any information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Do you have crash bars?

That opens up the options for mounting some form of bags to be mounted.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine hook to the crash bars. Bags cost $14.95 at the local farm/horse supply store. Don't have a real good picture, but these should give you the idea.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Check out FAMSA tank & pannier set. A bit pricey but the best I've seen.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi folks,
I just ran across pictures of the Wolfman Tank Panniers mounted on DougInKY's V-Strom. My question is how is the pannier connected in the lower front. Does the Wolfman panniers have a hook like the Aerostich or is it a loop and a buckle fitting? I have been looking at tank panniers for awhile and tried a set that my brother-in-law has from Whitehorse Press that have a hook and I can't find anything to properly hook to. I have a set of AltRider bars, but the angle does not work well. If the connection is a loop and buckle I may be able to connect it to the highway peg connected to the bash plate.

Any information would be appreciated.
The Wolfman tank panniers hook up via loop and buckle (slider type buckle). Care has to be taken to make sure the end of the strap is not loose as I am sure that it would take the paint off if left flapping. I am happy with my panniers though and would buy them again.

I have mine secured to the crash bars on my bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts