StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for tank decals for my 2017 DL650 (yellow color scheme).

Preferably something in a carbon fibre for just the sides of the tank where my knees rub.

Anybody have any suggestions?

·
Registered
2019 DL650A
28 Posts
I use tech spec tank pads. They are in my profile picture. They aren't carbon fiber but they are very good at what they do.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
I used eBay GSXR rubber tank pads. DL ones were $80, GSXR , $14. For $14 they've held up amazingly well, they also help a lot under heavy braking.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use tech spec tank pads. They are in my profile picture. They aren't carbon fiber but they are very good at what they do.
Thanks! Those things look great. A little pricey but oh well, it's a never ending parade of bike part purchases....

·
Registered
542 Posts
darryl here's what I did:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Same here. I am really "value conscious" so I waffled on this for a bit due to the price. These are amazing - I feel much more connected in the corners (and I'm not scratching my tank).
As you can see, they cover part of the tank graphics, but you could easily cut them to fit. I didn't because I just don't care that much.

Reactions: EMFL

·
Premium Member
4,291 Posts
I went the cheap way on my bike too. Bought a roll of rubber from home depot ($19 cdn), cut a piece of cardboard to a shape I liked, then transferred it to rubber to cut. Flipped the cardboard over to do the other side, then used contact cement to mount it. It lasted several years, and easy to redo if it comes off, which it never did. I put that same rubber on the tops of my panniers and topbox.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I went the cheap way on my bike too. Bought a roll of rubber from home depot ($19 cdn), cut a piece of cardboard to a shape I liked, then transferred it to rubber to cut. Flipped the cardboard over to do the other side, then used contact cement to mount it. It lasted several years, and easy to redo if it comes off, which it never did. I put that same rubber on the tops of my panniers and topbox.
(y) any pictures to share? and Home Depot item number ?

·
Registered
591 Posts
I cut a bunch of these thru SVrider, but when their forum traffic fell off, so did my orders. I'm thinking I should order more material and get back to cutting these.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use these. A bit smaller & does not cover the factory graphics. The contact point between the tank and my knees are perfect both sitting & standing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts