StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Farkleing now, suggestions for tank bags. I understand there is some concern with bags on the V interfearing with controls.:cool:
ICBIRAR
ISYHTRAH

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Cortech super mini, but it's tiny. Perfect for day trips, etc, no good for clothing or anything, but a sweet bag none the less.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I've got the 3-peice FAMSA set coming on friday. I'll be posting pics and a review.

·
Registered
195 Posts
got the wolfman mini....says its for klr650 but works very well on the 6fiddy. may honk your horn button for you whilst backing out of the garage, tho.

·
Registered
982 Posts
+1 for Cortech. I have one size up from the super mini + barbacks and it's not a problem. The bars touch the bag at full lock, but not the grips or controls.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Have an Eclipse #201, had it forever (1978?), used it on every street bike I've owned in the last 28 years. Great all-round bag!
http://www.eclipseluggage.com/luggage.html
Willie

Forgot to mention, Had to replace the rubber base this year, parts are readily available! Great customer service direct from Eclipse.

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
+1 for the JR Manta

·
Registered
195 Posts
when i 1st saw the JR manta...reminded me of a guy in high school used to keep 2 condoms behind the horn button of his 55 chevy. that's about all the room there is in that thing. just right for the HD tool kit....cell phone and a pack of marlboros.

·
Registered
390 Posts
got the wolfman mini....says its for klr650 but works very well on the 6fiddy. may honk your horn button for you whilst backing out of the garage, tho.
Is that anything like the "Honk horn to cancel signals" button on a Beemer?

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
I really like my bags connection Engage with sw-motech gas tank ring mounts. It sits above the tank so it wont scratch it. It does not interfere with any controls.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
when i 1st saw the JR manta...reminded me of a guy in high school used to keep 2 condoms behind the horn button of his 55 chevy. that's about all the room there is in that thing. just right for the HD tool kit....cell phone and a pack of marlboros.
You are correct. The JR Manta has just enough room to hold 2 of my-sized condoms. But only if I don't carry the marlboros.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have the wolfman explorer and its huge.

Check out http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/.

Tige
+1 on the Wolfman Explorer!

My only comment is the rear of the bag is vertical right off the front of the tank and if you like leaning on your tank bags 'juz to have a diff riding position for a while' the Explorer makes this kind of tough.

Scott

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
+4 for the J.R. Manta it's deceptive ,I carry Sun glasses,1 condom, spare gloves , a Side stand Puck,MP3 player, small can of chain lube, & Rain-X cloth's in mine and its got a water proof [?]cover :rolleyes:

·
Registered
236 Posts
You are correct. The JR Manta has just enough room to hold 2 of my-sized condoms. But only if I don't carry the marlboros.
The Manta XL still fits pretty well and has room for the ciggies. And maybe a couple of extra condums for those so inclined.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks all, lots to consider. I'm bent right now toward the FAMSA, thanks Banjo. I'm gussing this will take time.

ICBIRAR
ISYHTRAH

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
I know I'm changing the subject, but did anyone else notice the windscreen on Banjo's photo. It's built in flush like a sportbike. Banjo do you find this has the problems we experence with our stock screen. BTW great set of bags.

Don

1 - 20 of 48 Posts