StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have a great suggestion. Just above this post is a Google search bar. Try that. There are about 15 threads on tank bags.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Are you looking for magnetic or something that has power and attaches to tank ring. There are lots of neat places to shop for tank bags. It all depends on what you are looking for.

·
Registered
566 Posts
sorry I used search drop down box above that.
Yep, you found the google one instead of the drop down one. It will become your friend when using this site. There's tons of information on here, but sometimes it takes the right search term to find what you're looking for.

Enjoy farkling your wee

·
Registered
899 Posts
I am looking for a tank bag for my 2011 any suggestions. :confused:
Now, to answer your question, I'm using a Givi magnetic base tank bag that also came with 4 tie down straps. The bag zips onto the base, which doubles as a map case on its own. Medium sized.

I use the two rear magnets on the tank and the front two tie down straps, routed through the opening above the tank to the steel fairing support tubes below. This works great even thought this tank bag will not appear on the "works with" lists for a DL650. Sorry, don't have the model number for the bag, but it came from a Twisted Throttle dealer.

·
Registered
116 Posts
This is the one I'm thinking about getting: Rally® Pack Sport Bike Luggage. I alredy have the strap map case, so adding the tank bag would be easy, it's fairly inexpensive and a good size.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Tank Bag

I like my Cortech Dryver tank bag. They are costly, but I like them due to the clean look and simple operation. I transferred it over from my Honda with a new $19 Suzuki ring for the tank. They also come with a map pocket that is not pictured.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I use this bag daily. Fits all the essentials and comes with a nice shoulder strap in case I need a man purse. It has 3 magnets. When I first got it, I did not see 2 of them and the one magnet held the bag fine. Never had it slip, even when full of water bottles.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
A cheap mini-backpack, like kids use for their schoolbooks, sold at Wal-mart gets the job done for me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Givi T480 with mounting gas tank ring is the best bag I've ever used. It fits the wee perfectly, it's large, it's easy to take on and off and carry with you. No magnets, no hassle.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
A magnetic bag will not cause scratches as long as you inspect the bottom of the bag before putting it on. The magnets will pick up staples and assorted other little metal bits so they must be plucked off. But that's rare if you are careful where you set down the bag when you take it off the bike...for example, a pile of carpet tacks is not a good choice.

·
Registered
170 Posts
A magnetic bag will not cause scratches as long as you inspect the bottom of the bag before putting it on. The magnets will pick up staples and assorted other little metal bits so they must be plucked off. But that's rare if you are careful where you set down the bag when you take it off the bike...for example, a pile of carpet tacks is not a good choice.
ugh. +1. I commute to work. I quickly learned to check for paper clips.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I like my Cortech Dryver tank bag. They are costly, but I like them due to the clean look and simple operation. I transferred it over from my Honda with a new $19 Suzuki ring for the tank. They also come with a map pocket that is not pictured.
Hey Tacoma,

I've been looking at these since they came out; it's what I would buy now if I needed one. Tried two SW Motechs on my Triumph and sent them both back because they would not mount straight (no, it wasn't me!). I already have the Dryver tank ring mounted to my old Luggage Locker and it works great, but What size is the Dryver on your Strom? Medium or Small?

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I use this bag daily. Fits all the essentials and comes with a nice shoulder strap in case I need a man purse. It has 3 magnets. When I first got it, I did not see 2 of them and the one magnet held the bag fine. Never had it slip, even when full of water bottles.

I also use this bag, it's called a Manta. When I leave my bike to eat or rest etc... all my electronics and valuables are in my bag making it easy for me to keep track of them. It also comes with a rain cover. If you get it when you use the rain cover pull the tie string over the top magnet and it can't come off while traveling down the road.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tourmaster

My son turned me onto the smaller Tourmaster. Turn it around and it fits perfect. TB 12 Magnetic. Only complaint is the zipper pulls aren't the best. I've got a zip tie replacing one, as did my son. I've been really happy with it otherwise. Large enough for my SLR and a number of other items.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts