StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to the Wee Strom and also new to the site.

I am starting what is likely to be an never ending farkle programme, I currently have touring Windscreen, Handguards, Centre Stand, AC Socket, Crashbars and Givi Topcase.
Photo's following soon...

I am struggling though to fins what I thought would be the simplest addition, a medium sized tank bag.

With all that carbon cough cough.. fibre around the tank I am worried about which will hug the tank securely enough.

Any ideas photo etc would be much appreciated.

Simon

·
Registered
62 Posts
Bags-connection tank lock style is the one I went with. Easy to move, and it looks good on the bike. You can even power it if you like. I had another magnet style bag, but the plastic arround the tank is no help for that.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
281 Posts
I went with the GIVI tank bag. Absolutely love it. Easy on and easy off and GIVI warranties every product for two years from date of purchase. If you have an issue with the product, they will replace it.
No affiliation with GIVI here, just like the product and how GIVI stands behind what they sell. The tank bag is very functional and very well made and is attached very securely to the gas tank lid with a unique mounting system.

Hope this helps, best tank bag configuration I have seen yet...clean.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I went with the Wolfman Explorer Lite. The only thing I'm not crazy about, is the mounting
system. It is secure when on the bike, but when you remove the bag, then you have to fiddle with the
straps to keep them from just dangling.
Other than that minor inconvenience, it's a great bag. Not too big…not too small.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
255 Posts
I got a Buffalo tank bag. It has central magnetic tabs running down the middle of the bag and comes with bungee straps for added security.

I attach the bungee straps to the engine accessory guard and the bag. Allows me to put heavy stuff in the tank bag and it stays fixed solidy.

see pics:

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
The Rapid Transit Recon bag is very popular with SV riders and I bet it would work well on the 12. There are magnetic "flaps" that hand down on the side, front and back. It has an integral rain cover and backpack straps. $50-75.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have this one:

Xelement Mini Black Tank Bag

I was surprised how well the magnets hold it on the tank. It stays in place nicely. Comes with a safety strap and is small enough to see ignition key and instruments. Large enough for baseball cap and other stuff. Cell phone, or sunglasses, go in the small pocket toward the rider. It has a port in the side to pass ear buds cord through, so you can put a MP3 player inside.

When I did a search I saw that Leather-up has them on sale.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nelson-Rigg CL-1020

Take a look at this bag... got the mag straps.. Great fit on the 12..
medium sized bag.
RidersDiscount was great to work with..

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got a Buffalo tank bag. It has central magnetic tabs running down the middle of the bag and comes with bungee straps for added security.

I attach the bungee straps to the engine accessory guard and the bag. Allows me to put heavy stuff in the tank bag and it stays fixed solidy.

see pics:

Citizen - what kind of top case is that? Looks BA!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
255 Posts
It's a Givi Trekker 46l top case.

I added some Red 3M Diamond Grade Reflective tape to it so drivers would see me from a distance more easily at night. It's super super reflective and since I put it on it does feel as if cars keep their distance a little more at night:

Reactions: Bonzo57

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
I had this bag on my Suzuki GS500F. Love all the compartments and the Camelback access hole for drinking on the go. Unfortunately it does not work the Vstrom as the magnets don't grab due to too much plastic. I'm thinking Givi with the tank quick mount.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have had magnetic tank bags on my two previous bikes.
Despite my best efforts both bikes finished up with scratches on the tank paintwork.
I thought I was being ultra careful putting a chamois or thin towel under the magnets but to no avail.
For my previous bike and now the DL650 I have a Givi Tanklock bag.
I purchased the XS307 (15 litres) but it is way too small for my needs.
I would recommend the XS306 (25 litres) or XS308 (20 litres).
You also need a tank ring BF-10 for our bike.
The bag sits on the tank ring and does not touch the paintwork.

Reactions: Bonzo57

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts

I have this as well.....clings like a limpet on my 2010 and a really useful bag with lots of features. Has a removable waterprood interior bag that I put the camera in when it threatens rain and so many pockets I'm still discovering them. Clever design.

·
Registered
469 Posts
But wait, there's more

I recently got the Chase Harper 950 strap mount. Chase Harper TankBags
Clicks on and off easily. There is a keeper for the front strap. Straps are long enough to mount properly. MADE IN THE USA! OK, I really like this thing.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts