StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I want to get a tank bag for my vee, but I am not sure what to get. I want it too be pretty secure, because it will annoy the hell out of me if it moves around whoie I am riding.

Has anyone ever tried SW-Motech's fuel cap ring mount?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
how big a tank bag are you looking for?

I've used a Joe Rocket Manta to carry small stuff and it is practically immovable.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm with Heavy-H, this is top quality and fits well, very secure.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have that setup and love it! Great fit, function and quality. Very easy to throw on and remove for fill-ups...This is what I ordered:

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 TRT.00.475.115 SW-MOTECH Gascap Bottom Ring for Quick-Lock Tankbags & Camera Mount (Yamaha 7 & Suzuki 7 & 8) $26.00
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 BCK.TR5101 Bags-Connection "Engage" Quick-Lock Tankbag for SW-MOTECH Gascap Mounting System $169.99
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 BCK.MHE5111 Bags-Connection map holder for Engage, EngageXL, Shorty, Vina, Trip, & Daypack tankbags $20.00
:cool:
==================================

I think I want to get a tank bag for my vee, but I am not sure what to get. I want it too be pretty secure, because it will annoy the hell out of me if it moves around whoie I am riding.

Has anyone ever tried SW-Motech's fuel cap ring mount?

Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
hey, if you haven't purchased yet, and need something small (fits real nice on the tank) check out the cortech super mini. i have it for mine and it works great for my disc lock, wallet, keys, garage opener, cell phone, etc........the 2 larger ones might work as well, i think they are 10 and 14 liter versions????? by the way, i got the magnetic version if that matters........

·
Registered
151 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
how big a tank bag are you looking for?

I've used a Joe Rocket Manta to carry small stuff and it is practically immovable.
+1 on the Manta. There are two sizes. I have the small one but think I would like the bigger one better. I do like the magnetic attachmet tho.

Phil

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Here's another positive vote for the SW Motec mounted bags. I wanted a small bag for odds and ends you need access to like sunglasses, visor cleaning rag, etc. The Daypack is perfect and I never ride without it. ~12k miles on the bag so far and no regrets.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a HEld bag using motec horse shoe gas cap mount.It releases and reattaches quickly with an easy pull on a string. I have over 10k on the bag and mount no damage to tank or paint. 2k of those miles in excess of 80 mph.It is a large bag an is expandable. PM me if you want more Info.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Tank Locker pulling double-duty

My used Wee came with a Cortech Mini magnetic mount, but I felt it was too small for touring, so began my search for something else. I bought a Fieldsheer Eiffel 2, but it was way too large so I sent it back. After that, I bought a MotoPak GTX Mini strap mount which is a very nice little tank bag, but not much larger than the Cortech.

On my Triumph, I've been running a Luggage Locker "Tank Locker" gas cap mounted bag. What I really wanted to do was figure out a way to mount that (or the MotoPak) on the Wee's gas cap since the bag is a good size and I am familiar with it.

This spring, I became aware that Cortech began offering the Dryver series luggage which is gas cap mounted. The attachment rings can be purchased for $20; Luggage Locker wanted $80 shipped for another lower ring for the Strom, but it wouldn't fit anyway since the upper ring is set for the Triumph and the bag would sit way too forward on a Strom.

I discovered I could mount the extra ring under the bag because both tanks are opposite and each slopes away from the respective unused tank ring. I am pleased. You can buy this ring if you want to fab up your own gas cap mounted tank bag by making some kind of hard base. Furthermore, the Dryver luggage looks real nice as well.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts