StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the market for a tank bag and am curious which bags people are having good luck with. For example med to large bag without control interference, good weather resistance and magnetic or strap mount. Will mostly be used for commuting and trips both. I appreciate any advice.
Tony

·
Registered
264 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Always had good luck with JR Manta - magnetic, fits tank perfectly and the blue matches my bike's blue nicely. Not huge but good enough for what I'd need accessible on the tank.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
$9.02 Substitute

Found this in the luggage section of Wal-Mart. The label says "Protégé' Day Bag". Turns with the handle bars, but there's nothing on the bottom to scratch the tank. Pretty soft under there. Just loop the shoulder straps under the handle bars and snap the connectors together. $9.02

Tank Bag Lt-cropped.jpg Tank Bag Rt-cropped.jpg

·
Registered
124 Posts
I run Marsee mags on both my bikes. I have a small one for local and a larger one for travel. Can swap them fast between bikes being as I carry about the same things in them for either bike and they are great at gas stops. ;-).

·
Registered
21 Posts
A question on non-mag bags

Just got a Wolfman Explorer lite so it is a strap on. The question is what to do with the front straps when I am not using the bag, the back straps i can toss under the seat. Never thought about this when tank bag shopping, have been using a Joe Rocket mag bag.

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
Just got a Wolfman Explorer lite so it is a strap on. The question is what to do with the front straps when I am not using the bag, the back straps i can toss under the seat. Never thought about this when tank bag shopping, have been using a Joe Rocket mag bag.
Wow, greetings to Oakville, I had to tow my boat there, twice. 542.3 miles...

I have the Explorer and just leave them there, they fall down but don't go anywhere.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Always had good luck with JR Manta - magnetic, fits tank perfectly and the blue matches my bike's blue nicely. Not huge but good enough for what I'd need accessible on the tank.
The Joe Rocket Manta XL also fits like it was made for the bike and holds a little more for those really, long trips.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts