StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got a Quick Lock or Tank Lock type tank bag for their bike yet? If so, what model and do you like it or not? I'm curious what's available and works well.

Thanks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
175 Posts
I put the Suzuki (Bags Connection) "City" bag on the new Vee2. I installed it as far forward as possible to avoid it interfering when standing.

It holds my Olympia Horizon jacket and pants, curved sunglasses case, elasticized net, two adjustable bungee cords, carrying strap, rain cover and helmet (ski) lock.

It also managed four Blu-ray cases on top of everything else, so it's incredibly roomy and expandable.

You can fabricate a locking pin to prevent removal and the main compartment can accommodate a small luggage lock. A sweet deal that looks boss too!

·
Registered
779 Posts
I've been using a Givi Tanklock for a couple of years... On my 2nd one. Moved it from my last bike -- just needed a new tank ring.

This is the model I'm using now, XS307... good size (not too big, not too small), works great. No issues.

·
Premium Member
2,306 Posts
I put the Suzuki (Bags Connection) "City" bag on the new Vee2. I installed it as far forward as possible to avoid it interfering when standing.

It holds my Olympia Horizon jacket and pants, curved sunglasses case, elasticized net, two adjustable bungee cords, carrying strap, rain cover and helmet (ski) lock.

It also managed four Blu-ray cases on top of everything else, so it's incredibly roomy and expandable.

You can fabricate a locking pin to prevent removal and the main compartment can accommodate a small luggage lock. A sweet deal that looks boss too!
VGents,
Could you post a picture of your tank bag set up. I am riding naked now without any ability to carry. I was waiting for the after market to make tank bags available for the Vee2, but you seem to have done so already. There is a Suzuki dealer on Ebay selling the new Suzuki huge tank bag for the Vee2, but they want $375. which is outrageous. I had the twisted throttle electrified bag with quick lock and removal on my '11 Wee and loved it. It would be great to see your setup if you can. In addition, what hardware did you need to purchase and install. Thanks.

Also, I have a great GIVI V46 topcase for which I am waiting for them to come out with a install plate to fit. Does anyone know if top cases can be retrofitted with other install plates?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been using a Givi Tanklock for a couple of years... On my 2nd one. Moved it from my last bike -- just needed a new tank ring.

This is the model I'm using now, XS307... good size (not too big, not too small), works great. No issues.

I've always liked the XS308 and want to use it. The givi.it website shows the BF18 Tanklock ring needed . I can't find it yet in the US for sale yet. Looking.........

·
Registered
175 Posts
Here are a few photos of the tank bag. It's in the fully expanded position to accommodate all my stuff. That will change now that I've successfully mounted my Givi E460.

BTW, I installed the mirror extensions and highly recommend them - a 100% improvement in rearward visibility.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,306 Posts
V-Gehts,

" Here are a few photos of the tank bag. It's in the fully expanded position to accommodate all my stuff. That will change now that I've successfully mounted my Givi E460."

Boy, you must be very ingenious V-Gehts. Most of us have been waiting for compatible accessories to come out! How did you mount your Givi topbox? I have my V46 from my Wee waiting for the correct hardware to come out to be able to mount it on my Vee2. What ingenious method did you use? Pray tell.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mark at GIVI USA advised me this morning that the BF18 ring will be available in the US in June, at the earliest.

·
Premium Member
2,306 Posts
I did a search on the SW Motech website in Germany, and they have a number of products that have just been released in Europe. I guess we will have to wait until they arrive in the States.

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
VGents,
Could you post a picture of your tank bag set up. I am riding naked now without any ability to carry. I was waiting for the after market to make tank bags available for the Vee2, but you seem to have done so already. There is a Suzuki dealer on Ebay selling the new Suzuki huge tank bag for the Vee2, but they want $375. which is outrageous. I had the twisted throttle electrified bag with quick lock and removal on my '11 Wee and loved it. It would be great to see your setup if you can. In addition, what hardware did you need to purchase and install. Thanks.

Also, I have a great GIVI V46 topcase for which I am waiting for them to come out with a install plate to fit. Does anyone know if top cases can be retrofitted with other install plates?
Hi I have fitted a givi v46 to my new bike. the dealer got the plate and I had to fit it. Took about 1 hour with few mods. Looks and works great

·
Registered
77 Posts
Refreshing this older thread about tank bags. I have a Vee2 Adventure. With side cases and a Givi top bag I really just need something small on the tank. I'd prefer hitting the easy button and just getting a magnetic bag (9-10 liters). However with all of the plastic down the center of the Vee2 tank it looks pretty sketchy for a magnetic bag. Anyone have a magnetic Vee2 tank bag success story? Or am I gonna have to go Motech and drop 180 bucks? Thanks-Chris

·
Premium Member
4,219 Posts
The SWMotech bags are nice, that is what I have. I moved mine over from my old V since all I needed was a new tank ring. It is not so high that it obscures the instruments or my GPS.

It is an older tank bag though, so no point showing a picture of it. Get a new one.

I never liked the idea of the magnetic bags, when you stop for gas you have to move it out of the way and then put it back, you need to move it with the suspended mount too, but it doesn't cause any abrasion on the tank.

·
Registered
615 Posts
+1 for the Givi. Transferred it over from my old 650 and just needed the updated ring. It is the BF18 which is readily available in Oz for around 22 sheckles.....er, 22 Oz dollars. If only the carbon Yoshi was as readily available.........

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I have the XS308 Givi bag and love it, they make it in a 15L version as well.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts