StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a new tank bag. Never used a Wolfman. Feedback? And if you have other recommendations and even pics you can send along would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Joe Rocket Manta

this topic has been discussed a lot if you do a search.

·
Registered
260 Posts
If you are particular about items touching your tank ( I am ) can't go wrong with the bags connection tank bags. Spendy, but I got mine used. If you want magnetic, then JR Manta is a good choice.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a Wolfman enduro on my little Kawasaki Super Sherpa (250). It's perfect for that bike. Mounts with straps and is quick and easy to put on and take off the bike.

For My V-strom however, I didn't want to mess with a strap system. Too much of a hassle for me getting around all the fairing and extra bike width. I initially bought a magnetic Joe Rocket Manta tank bag, which is a fantastic high quality little bag that absolutely stays put.

Shortly after I bought the Manta I upgraded to a slightly larger magnetic bag, so now my Manta is for sale. I literally used it for one, 3-day weekend trip. PM me if you are interested in it. :fineprint:

·
Registered
774 Posts
What do you want out of a tank bag? There are so many options out there. Some are so feature- and pocket-rich that you can literally lose contents in them. Being that I spend time standing up on the bike and the tank as a storage area has a very high center of gravity, I wanted something big enough for essentials and small enough to not be in the way when standing.

The Giant Loop Fandango tank bag has served me well. Their product design philosophy fits my desires in motorcycle storage. It is simple, functional and fights back the weather with pretty decent performance. Here's a full review of my early experience with the GL Fandango tank bag. My positive opinion of the product has only grown since I wrote that review.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have had good experience with Wolfman. Have one of their bags on my KLR and like it. Had great dealings with their support staff on the phone when the bag did not come with the proper harness. Overnight the correct one to me just before a big trip. My Wee came with a Touratec bag that I really like also, but it is a little difficult to mount with straps, but once installed properly I love it. I would not have personally paid the premium price for a touratec, but since it came on the bike, I like it!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Standard Tankbag, #201

works great with a hard 6 pack cooler inside :thumbup:

It wiggles a bit and needs constant adjustment but a great deal for the $$.. I scored one on Ebay for 25$ a few years ago.. Thinking of springing for a new one.. but want that new kind that mounts to the gas cap filler ring.. (spendy)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I like this nonmagnetic one fromTourmaster. The side pockets are great for sunglasses and garage door openers. The girllfriend has the magnetic one (she uses it like a carry bag for taking lunch to work and the like).

·
Registered
133 Posts
I like this nonmagnetic one fromTourmaster. The side pockets are great for sunglasses and garage door openers. The girllfriend has the magnetic one (she uses it like a carry bag for taking lunch to work and the like).

Where did you get that seat pad

·
Registered
95 Posts
I use that same Coleman cover on my Sherpa. Helps take a little of the buzz out of my butt from riding a 250 for long miles. Hadn't thought of mounting one to my V-strom. I have the same gel seat and find it very comfortable for longer trips. I sort of like the stock seat for 'round town riding. Might have to try the Coleman pad on the stock seat...

·
Registered
244 Posts
JR Manta works nicely... recommend you don't get the small one, the big one is not that big!

·
Registered
190 Posts
JR Manta works nicely... recommend you don't get the small one, the big one is not that big!
+1. I've got the larger one and it fits the tank/plastic contours perfectly. A buddy has the small one - I think sunglasses and a water bottle is all it holds.

Glenn

·
Registered
110 Posts
Pic doesn't show it very clearly, but here is my Touratec Tank bag with matching tail bag. Both expandable and works very well on Wee!

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
It's pointless to recommend anything. It's up to you.

On a group ride, I've never seen two bikes using the same tank bag.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Fieldsheer "Access" magnetic tank bag ~ $45

I agree that these choices are subjective, but I've had a number of different bags on different horses, and I bought my second Fieldsheer "Access" bag for my Wee (the first is on my KLR). Quality material, raincover included, magnets in the right places for the Wee, and capacious.

They're also on sale from several vendors -- just type it into Google for the best deals.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
244 Posts
It's pointless to recommend anything. It's up to you.

On a group ride, I've never seen two bikes using the same tank bag.
true they are all close in quality... BUT the Manta fits like it was designed specifically for the Wee. pretty amazing for an "off the rack" item these days. most of us who have them bought it primarily for that reason after diligent googling. :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looking for a new tank bag. Never used a Wolfman. Feedback? And if you have other recommendations and even pics you can send along would be appreciated.
TwistedThrottle.com

Touratech.com

Your going to pay more but the quality is fantastic IMHO

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have the Manta (the small one) and it does indeed fit very nicely and is fine for holding a wallet, cell phone, and water bottle (and probably not much more). For day rides it's perfect. It will leave scratches in the tank paint though, so I stopped using mine and will likely go with one of the Bags Connection bags that don't touch the tank.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts