StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dl1000 W/ Suzuki Tank Cover.any Tank Bags Out There That Work??prefer Magnetic Type.small Is Fine.
Thanks Rob

·
Registered
199 Posts
So will a regular old fashioned strap type of bag work on the Strom tank?
I've got on old TourMaster expandable tank bag I'm hoping will work on my new (to me) '05 Strom.

-T

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
So will a regular old fashioned strap type of bag work on the Strom tank?
I've got on old TourMaster expandable tank bag I'm hoping will work on my new (to me) '05 Strom.

-T
Hey T, yes they will. You have to get a little creative with the strap location. I use an Eclipse bag that I have had since the mid '70s. I looped a piece of webbing under the tank bracket in the rear and looped across the steering head an looped around the tank mounts on each side. Need any pics, let me know.
Willie

·
Registered
33 Posts
Joe Rocket Manta.
Small, inexpensive, very functional,
and comes with a rain cover.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I have it and don't like it. The bag is too small and the waterproof cover fills with air and tries to blow off. I also pictured bad things happening to the family jewels if I killed a deer with the tank bag off. It's tres expensive to boot but I hadn't done my research before buying.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tank Bag Info

Thanks You Guys.it's Amazing To Me How Helpful Everyone Is On This Site.really Thanks Alot For Your Input.
Later
Rob

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
+1 on the Joe Rocket Manta. Perfect size for maps, cell phone, wallet, keys, snack/sandwich, and a bottle of water or gatorade. What else do you need in front of ya? ;)

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The tank bag has the best placement for heavy items and the tail trunk has the worst. Also, a tall tank bag with something soft on top is great to lean on for long trips. I did a lot of miles on the R90s with my chest on the back of the bag with my chin on my fist on the front of the bag.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
The tank bag has the best placement for heavy items and the tail trunk has the worst. Also, a tall tank bag with something soft on top is great to lean on for long trips. I did a lot of miles on the R90s with my chest on the back of the bag with my chin on my fist on the front of the bag.
You carryin' lead weights or something, greywolf? :p If it's really heavy enough to make a difference, I strap it to the passenger seat in front of my top box, since I'm primarily a solo rider. BigStrom really isn't that sensitive to weight (within reason, of course). I prefer to load the rear shock, rather than put more weight on the front suspension. The rear has a dial to adjust preload, and my front doesn't. I can crank up the stiffness easily to accomodate more weight. It really doesn't mess with the CoG much that way.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wolfman Explorer

I have a Wolfman Explorer tankbag on my KLR. It mounts solidly, doesn't get in my way, holds a lot (Tools and clothes for an over-nighter) and it looks pretty good.

http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/03Tank/Explorer.html

I don't have a Strom yet but it looks like it would fit on a buddy's Strom. Also, I called Wolfman to get straps to mount my bag to a Strom, a free strap kit was in the mail that day -awesome customer support.

YMMV,

Brad

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm looking for a bag as well. I'm wondering if the Wolfman Explorer is so big it'd block some instruments. I see they also have a Wolfman Lite, which is a couple of inches shorter.

I do like a roomy tank bag. Big thing for me is my camera (Nikon DSLR - I shoot from the seat on occasion), plus extra lens, water, and when I need to leave the bike, GPS and radar.

Any other recommendations for "big" tank bags?

·
Registered
52 Posts
marsee tank bag(strap on)

I put 3 wide pieces of stick on velcro on the tank(the tooth side not the fuzzy) its the industrial strength stuff, (no velcro on the tank bag). to keep the bag from sliding off the side. it works fine. bag stays right where you put it. its the tear drop shape marsee bag. Later, B.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Check out the Recon 19 from Rapid Transit, holds my Nikon D70 DSLR with room to spare and has a place for a cell ph and you can stuff a small Gps in the map pocket(just don't leave it in the sun as the LCD doesn't like it). So far it has stayed put.:-D

Jerry

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
To me the Woflman Explorer is the perfect tank bag, it fits the tank perfect. They also make a smaller bag Explorer Lite. Do a search Wolfman bags.

·
Registered
165 Posts
MonkeyGrass, that signature is great. Too true!:-D

Bad Ender, I remember you from klr650.net. How's the bike treating you?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wolfman explorer and Eclipse

I use an older Eclipse bag on my bigger bike and a Wolfman Explorer lite on the F650.
I live right next to Willie in McCall,ID.

crash50
McCall,ID.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts