StromTrooper banner

Tank bag?

7954 Views 14 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  jar3316
What tank bag fits well on the Vee? I prefer a magnetic base.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
676 Posts
Chase Harper Compac Line 700M Tank Bag - amazingly strong little neodymium magnets at the 4 corners
that have kept it firmly in place at highway speeds in strong crosswinds. It has a security strap, with
quick release, for fastening to the handlebar anyway.
Chase Harper TankBags

Pros:
Reversible clear map cover; soft bottom material doesn't scratch the paint; easy to just lift forward out of the
way at gas fill ups with the security strap connected; stiff vinyl sidewall insert keeps shape when empty;
bright reflector stripe; lifetime warranty.

Cons:
Not waterproof - needs the Chase Harper clear top rain cover for serious storms.
Only 10 liters, for the necessities.

· Registered
522 Posts
I really like the Joe Rocket Manta XL for my everyday tankbag. Plenty of room w/ built in rain cover. It even matches the lines of the tank really well.

· $Whatever$
1,602 Posts
I really like the Joe Rocket Manta XL for my everyday tankbag. Plenty of room w/ built in rain cover. It even matches the lines of the tank really well.
Looks like this.......

· Registered
299 Posts
I know it's not a magnetic type but I thought I'd toss this out for comparison.

Wolfman Explorer Lite. His "generic" strap harness actually works out pretty well on the Vstrom, better than the specific kit for my KLR.

It's rated at 16 liters in the standard configuration, expands to 16 liters by unzipping one zipper, and comes with a clear map holder. There is an optional rain cover which I did purchase later. It seems to work well enough but you have to remove it to access the bag. I wish the bag was waterproof on it's own. The snap buckles make it very easy to flip down for refueling or completely remove it.

· Registered
808 Posts
I have a 20 litre Marsee tear drop that fits really nice except the 4 magnet 'ears' are not ideally located. It still works very well, and I've never had a problem with it staying in place, but there were other versions of the base with 2 larger magnet flaps that were better. The tank bag itself fits the contour of the tank really well. Too bad they stopped making it in the 20 l size.

Bad pic, I'll look for another.

· Registered
759 Posts

Firstgear Laguna Tank Bag

About $149 - has super strong magnets and also you can use the straps around the front tree. I really like it.

· Registered
818 Posts
I like my little Bags Connection Daypack II. Just the right size for a little things that can get swallowed up in the top box. Also don't like magnetic bags sliding around and scratching the paint...

· Registered
24 Posts
I know it's not a magnetic type but I thought I'd toss this out for comparison.

Wolfman Explorer Lite. His "generic" strap harness actually works out pretty well on the Vstrom, better than the specific kit for my KLR.

It's rated at 16 liters in the standard configuration, expands to 16 liters by unzipping one zipper, and comes with a clear map holder. There is an optional rain cover which I did purchase later. It seems to work well enough but you have to remove it to access the bag. I wish the bag was waterproof on it's own. The snap buckles make it very easy to flip down for refueling or completely remove it.

It's not magnetic, but it is an incredible tank bag. I actually think the straps that you attach when the tankbag isn't on the bike look nice. I'd highly recommend considering the Wolfman line..

· Registered
340 Posts
I have a Mag bag and it works great but be sure to attach a little cable or chain to it and hook it to the tank supports in the front. At freeway speeds and a cross wind some mag bags tend to lift off all of the sudden. I use 2 cable ties and a cheap .99 key chain disconnect as a kind of chain. It doesn't have to hold on tight but just keep it safe from those errant lifting breezes. Ask me how it feels to go back and pick up the bag with your cellphone, ipod, communication equip, sunglasses, keys,....

trust me an ounce of prevention...:headbang:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.