StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the tank bag options for the Strom?
Is it a suzuki part or just a regular tank bag made to fit a Strom tank. ?
Somewhere I read not to get a Big bag because when it rains the water rolls off and you wear it.
Let me hear your thoughts please. :?:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm using a Wolfman Explorer. It's a strap type. Dunno about rain, as I haven't had it that long. The rain cover is an option. The bag itself is a nice size but doesn't get in the way, fits well, has a little pocket for tire guages, pens, whatever. Nice sized map pocket.

http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check out Erik's company at www.twistedthrottle.net. He carries some Strom accessories and happens to own a Strom as well. i have purchased a few things from Erik. Great guy, very helpful and fast.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tank Bag

I'm currently using a Nelson-Rigg CTB-300 magnetic tank bag that they market for cruisers. It's very small, well made, expandable and has nifty expandable pockets for sunglasses, etc.

I've also used a buddy's Marsee's 11 liter magnetic Pocket Rocket tank bag which seems an ideal size for the Strom's tank and doesn't block the view of the instruments. Its clear map pocket is quite a bit wider than the Nelson-Rigg's, about two sections of a folded map versus the Rigg's single section.

Although the Marsee lacks exterior pockets, it cleverly expands using shock cording that's arranged in a zig-zag pattern that ingeniouisly takes up any slack in the expanded bag, effectively preventing it from whipping and flapping about in the wind. It also has steel capped magnets that are supposed to prevent the magnet's in the base from scrambling and therefore, ruining the magnetic strips on credit/debit cards. Although spendy, this is likely the bag I'll most likely to the Nelson-Rigg tankbag wih if I change.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm using one of these. http://rka-luggage.com/ bags. They have several padded ones. The strom has natural mount points so instalation was simple. I also bought the optional soft pads.

Stinez

1 - 7 of 7 Posts