StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm finally considering joining the tank bag club. Not sure why I resisted for so long... when I really started to think about it, it was a no brainer for me.

Requirements:

1. Ideally big enough to help block/redirect fairing wind.
2. Pockets for easy compartmentalization of stuff.
3. Clear top for phones/gps/ipads/etc.
4. Easy release tank lock mechanism.
5. Not too tall. I have the Suzuki low seat, and I'm 5'8

I've looked at a few and I'm not opposed to bags that have large top space for using my ipad pro as a GPS with Scenic, which would allow me to keep my phone in my jacket for emergencies.

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have "2" Givi tank lock bags......I will NEVER go back to straps or magnets again.
Agree 100%. I'm only looking at tank lock style bags. I want 2 second release and go.

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's some others that seem to meet my criteria from Givi:

XS320
EA117
EA118

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Reactions: Webfors

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure the magnetic type bags will work on the 18' DL1000... loads of plastic on top of the tank.

Anyone use magnetic bags on the new DL1000?

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I use a Wolfman Explorer Light tank bag. Made in America too!

Fits great and big enough to carry water bottles to drink while riding. Straps on but it's very easy to release the front straps to lift the bag back to gas up.

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now that you mention it... a hydration bladder would be ideal!

·
Registered
390 Posts
If you go magnetic, don't set it down in dirt that has a high iron content. And don't ask how I know. :rolleyes:

Currently have a Givi ST602. Holds the essentials, I like that it's small. I throw on a tail bag if I need more storage.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,404 Posts
Stick to the tank lock design.
Don't go too big. Easy to do. You don't want to wrestle with the bars hitting the bag when in parking lot maneuvers.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Just an fyi
I have the givi s307
I love the size
It's just on the verge of being perfect for my needs
The huge downfall for the givi is a pos zipper design
It's a waterproof zipper supposedly and its crap
And the bag is far from water proof
Granted I never use the cover it comes with
Had mine repaired once already and its happening again
I'm currently looking for a non givi tank.lock bag
Tank lock is amazing

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,118 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,506 Posts
I went with SW-Motech Bags Connection Quick-Lock Evo bags. I have the Engage (7 liters) and the City (11 - 15 liters). I don't use the Engage much any more, the City goes pretty much every where.

·
Administrator
5,995 Posts
I have a Givi XS 308 20 liter tank lock bag. It has a clip on map/pad sleeve that is not quite big enough for A4 but will easily take a 10" iPad. It even has a aperture for a drink tube or wiring, as well as a shoulder strap, weather cover, and 3 small outer pockets which convert into a waist pack when needed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
No one has mentioned it, but I love my GiantLoop Fandango. Its not cheap, but it hold a lot and releases quickly via zipper. Also how do you like the low seat, can you flatfoot the bike?

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No one has mentioned it, but I love my GiantLoop Fandango. Its not cheap, but it hold a lot and releases quickly via zipper. Also how do you like the low seat, can you flatfoot the bike?
I can flat foot to one side at a stop, definitely not two foot flat footing. The bike was a big step up in height from my 650. The low seat made it on par. I don't ride enough to soften that thing up... I suspect it'll soften up for the next owner in a few years 😁

1 - 20 of 82 Posts