StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the Givi SX 307 specs say 15L. Seriously.

It is big enough to put in the contents from 7 1/2 two liter soda bottles. That's a lot of Diet Coke..
Anyone have one. Can it be done.

Or, am I missing the obvious? :headbang:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Sure if you used the waterproof liner. And unzipped the bottom to expand it to its full capacity.

It probably won't hold in the carbonation though.

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,226 Posts
I bought that bag and my handlebars hit it because of the Rox Risers I have installed. I wound up returning the bag. Just a FYI if you're using risers.

·
Registered
329 Posts
We have that bag on the Wee2. This week after a year old and lite usage the zipper started to break apart. Nice bag otherwise and the quick connect is great.

·
Registered
15,541 Posts
Buy the biggest thing you can find. You can always zipper it closed but that is easier than trying to shove 10 pounds in a 5 pound bag.

I saw some great huge TourMaster tank bags at the dealer the other day but they were 200+ bucks...bugger that!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've never poured 7.5 two liter bottles of anything into my 307 sized Givi...but it holds everything I need it to hold.

The main reason(s) I went with the smaller bag of the three Givi offers (tank lock system) is that during tight maneuvering when the handlebars are pushed to full left, I don't want my horn going off. This has never, ever occurred to me whilst pushing the bars far enough over to touch the tank bag.

#2--- With my long history of LD riding, I used to pack so much unnecessary crappola into my tank bags, saddle bags, trunk bag, messenger bag, etc, it looked like I was well prepped for the Zombie Apocalypse. I don't do that type of riding anymore, hence 'downsizing'. Even my Bestem rear trunk stays in the garage 98% of the time now unless I know I'll really need it (going on vegetable stand runs, multiple errand runs where I know I'm buying stuff, etc). I personally like the looks of this bike without it.

#3- A lighter bike, to me, at least, is best, for me. YMMV. :mrgreen:

#4- With nearly a 5.5 gallon capacity in the tank, (8 lbs per gallon), you have some weight up high. Having a 25 liter or larger tank bag stuffed to the gills just makes it more top heavy..something I have dealt with in the past (My Paris Dakar had a 9.5 gallon tank!). Again, I don't need that type of weight that high anymore, so I went with the smaller bag.

Cheers!

Pat

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
I've never poured 7.5 two liter bottles of anything into my 307 sized Givi...but it holds everything I need it to hold.

The main reason(s) I went with the smaller bag of the three Givi offers (tank lock system) is that during tight maneuvering when the handlebars are pushed to full left, I don't want my horn going off. This has never, ever occurred to me whilst pushing the bars far enough over to touch the tank bag.

#2--- With my long history of LD riding, I used to pack so much unnecessary crappola into my tank bags, saddle bags, trunk bag, messenger bag, etc, it looked like I was well prepped for the Zombie Apocalypse. I don't do that type of riding anymore, hence 'downsizing'. Even my Bestem rear trunk stays in the garage 98% of the time now unless I know I'll really need it (going on vegetable stand runs, multiple errand runs where I know I'm buying stuff, etc). I personally like the looks of this bike without it.

#3- A lighter bike, to me, at least, is best, for me. YMMV. :mrgreen:

#4- With nearly a 5.5 gallon capacity in the tank, (8 lbs per gallon), you have some weight up high. Having a 25 liter or larger tank bag stuffed to the gills just makes it more top heavy..something I have dealt with in the past (My Paris Dakar had a 9.5 gallon tank!). Again, I don't need that type of weight that high anymore, so I went with the smaller bag.

Cheers!

Pat
+1
I have the smallest, semi rigid Givi bag and its just enough for the essentials. I've got 2 Axiom handlebar bags: Axiom Adirondack Handlebar Bag - Modern Bike on each crash bar. Each one is 5 litres which gives me 20 liters of compartmentalized storage with the weight forward and down low on the bike, (plus the 7 liter tank bag). They deflect some wind, but the main thing is my stuff is better organized than when its all stuffed into one bag. :thumbup: I always have my frogs togs (jacket in one bag, pants in another) on the bike and know exactly where to find them. Gloves, air pump and rock straps in another and edibles in the other. I love the setup. :thumbup:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses.

I think I'm going to order one.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thanks for the responses.

I think I'm going to order one.

The good thing about it is usually whomever you order it should have a return policy (wouldn't hue to check) if you don't like it OR you could most likely easily sell it here online.

Bud, I think you will like it though...... :mrgreen:

Cheers!

Pat

·
Registered
242 Posts
+1

Each one is 5 litres which gives me 20 liters of compartmentalized storage with the weight forward and down low on the bike, (plus the 7 liter tank bag). They deflect some wind, but the main thing is my stuff is better organized than when its all stuffed into one bag. :thumbup: I always have my frogs togs (jacket in one bag, pants in another) on the bike and know exactly where to find them. Gloves, air pump and rock straps in another and edibles in the other. I love the setup. :thumbup:
Thanks for the link. Never seen those before. Very reasonable too. :yes nod:

Cheers!

Pat

PS- Where in W. MA? I spent 4 months in Marlborough, MA a couple of winters ago. Reminded me why I liked the Deep South so much! :yikes: :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
I'm in the hill towns, Plainfield, on the edge of the Berkshires, a couple hours west of Marlborough. Great riding here. Different world than the 495 belt. :yesnod:

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Liters are a rather inefficient method of measuring storage capacity of luggage, honestly.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm in the hill towns, Plainfield, on the edge of the Berkshires, a couple hours west of Marlborough. Great riding here. Different world than the 495 belt. :yesnod:
Never got out quite that far... I was on call about 80% of my time there and had to be able to get back to work in 20 minutes. I was just inside 495.... cool little town, lots of history but the citizens didn't seem to care for a slight southern accent. Their loss, I guess :) Thankfully my stay there was only 4 months. :mrgreen:

Cheers!

Pat

1 - 13 of 13 Posts