StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found a new use for my tank bag. I have it held on with 4 small bungie cords for now. I'm in the planning stages of some sort of mount. It's actually holding very well as is. I just took it out for a 40 mile run this morning.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Are you going to re-use it as a tank bag? I took my old Luggage Locker "Tank Locker" bag and remounted it using the Cortech Dryver tank ring, because it was the cheapest. Any tank bag could be mounted such by simply sandwiching the bottom with some thin HDPE or PVC and then mounting some brand of tank ring to it. Fairly easy and not too expensive. That is basically what the Bags Connection and possibly Givi bags are set up like, but they make you pay for it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you going to re-use it as a tank bag? I took my old Luggage Locker "Tank Locker" bag and remounted it using the Cortech Dryver tank ring, because it was the cheapest. Any tank bag could be mounted such by simply sandwiching the bottom with some thin HDPE or PVC and then mounting some brand of tank ring to it. Fairly easy and not too expensive. That is basically what the Bags Connection and possibly Givi bags are set up like, but they make you pay for it.[/QUOTE

No I will not be using it as a tank bag. The base piece with the magnets in it has zippers so it can separate from the bag. I'm planning to somehow mount that to the rear rack so I can easily remove the bag via the zippers till I spen the extra coin on a Givi or such!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Shaggy - Try to sandwich the base mount between 2 pcs of thin aluminum flat bar.... remove the rubber pad on the back rack of the bike (it just pulls up and out of the rack) and use the empty holes to bolt thru with 1/4 or 5/16 bolts and nuts. Then you can just zip the bag on and off. Just a thought :thumbup:

Craig

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shaggy - Try to sandwich the base mount between 2 pcs of thin aluminum flat bar.... remove the rubber pad on the back rack of the bike (it just pulls up and out of the rack) and use the empty holes to bolt thru with 1/4 or 5/16 bolts and nuts. Then you can just zip the bag on and off. Just a thought :thumbup:

Craig
That's an excellent Idea! The way I was thinking for sure. I'll have to look around and see what I have that I can use. I really like the way it looks back there. It will definitely get me through for awhile.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts