StromTrooper banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have the same one and love it. Phone and wallet are within easy reach.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I got this one at Cycle Gear;

SEDICI Como Tank Bag - Parts & Accessories - Cycle Gear

I got it a few weeks ago, and believe it was on sale. ??? 29.00?

the front pocket is big enough to squeeze the iphone in and still be able to use the touch screen. nice feature. Unfortunately will need to modify it if your want headphone's or power going to the device. Haven't done that, but considering.
:party:

·
Registered
57 Posts
+1 on the Manta bag. I've used it for several years and have been happy with it. But, it's my around the city/short ride bag.

If I'm going on a multiple day ride, I like to take a bigger bag that has a window I can put a map in, a day or two worth of clothes, tools, etc. There are many options that offer that.

I think you really have to ask yourself what you need out of a bag in order to choose the right one.

·
Registered
206 Posts
+2 on the Manta. I've had that bad boy for 3 years, and have only a few miiiiinor scratches on the paint, and it'll hold a lot of crap. I originally wanted a bigger bag with map pocket, but though I think they're cool, I would NEVER use that sort of space. I rarely fill the Manta. ONLY DOWNSIDE: I like carrying a Nalgene bottle with water, and this bag is not built to handle that, even if you cram it. but it'll hole a small water bottle and a red bull easy:hurray:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tank bag

just ordered the manta.....black an silver camo tank bag,my wee is black an silver....thanks guys good info..:thumbup:

·
Registered
536 Posts
I think you really have to ask yourself what you need out of a bag in order to choose the right one.
Hey you know I did that today... revisiting exactly what I used it for.

A few minutes later I had moved the incidentals to the jacket pockets or top box and found there was really no need for a tank bag anymore. And one less thing to drag around, stow or hide while I'm off or out of site of the bike.

Freedom.

Amen.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Hey you know I did that today... revisiting exactly what I used it for.

A few minutes later I had moved the incidentals to the jacket pockets or top box and found there was really no need for a tank bag anymore. And one less thing to drag around, stow or hide while I'm off or out of site of the bike.

Freedom.

Amen.
I use mine for everything I don't want in my pockets or top box. The reason I'll never lose the TB is for me, all my stuff in there is in one easily accessible location. But, I do have a gas cap model that comes off quick if I need to take it inside.

·
Registered
536 Posts
But, I do have a gas cap model that comes off quick if I need to take it inside.
You got me doing a flashback to BMW days... I had a hinged tank ring attached to a bag. It simply flipped up and forward for fueling and dropped back down when done. And it was secure to the bike.

Wish I could remember the name of the hinged tank ring. :confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts