StromTrooper banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find a Tall Seat for my Vstrom? Does anyone have a tall seat they want to trade for a regular seat? I'm 6'4 and cramped on the shorter seat. Thanks for reading!

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Seat Concepts has a tall. Had a couple of their seats and they are a good improvement from stock.

·
Registered
2011 ktm 530 2012 dl650 2014 dl1000 2015 ktm 300
39 Posts
Seat concepts tall comfort seat. Around 300$ for foam and cover, you need to staple it yourself. I waited 3 months and they sent me a klr 650 seat. I finally got the vstrom seat and I like it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I bought the Suzuki OEM tall seat and I enjoy it much more than the stock seat. I got a discount from my dealer and paid about $175 CAD. I have no regrets. Now I have an extra seat pan if I decide to get a Russell Day Long custom seat.
I think it’s worth trying the OEM tall because it’s affordable a quite a big improvement. I’m 6'3.

Kind of looks like the goal of your post was to swap for a tall seat. Best of luck with that.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
2,144 Posts

·
Registered
2019 DL1000A
94 Posts
I bought the Suzuki OEM tall seat and I enjoy it much more than the stock seat. I got a discount from my dealer and paid about $175 CAD. I have no regrets. Now I have an extra seat pan if I decide to get a Russell Day Long custom seat.
I think it’s worth trying the OEM tall because it’s affordable a quite a big improvement. I’m 6'3.

Kind of looks like the goal of your post was to swap for a tall seat. Best of luck with that.
Bandit_Bill, Can you please tell me the part number of that seat? My dealer can't seem to find it.
I may have to call your dealer to find one. Can you tell me who they are, please?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2019 DL1000A
94 Posts
Thanks! Good to have the part number. Cheap Cycle Parts not so cheap for me though, after factoring in currency exchange rates, international shipping, taxes, customs duties and brokerage fees. Now to find a Canadian source.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sure I’ll post the part number and the price I paid. It’s was pretty cheap with a discount from the dealer.
I’m not at home right now. I’ll post the info later today.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Note: I have a 2019 DL1000
I think 2014-2019 are the same as far as the seats are concerned.
Make sure you verify this.

Part # 45100-31J80-BKK

Suzuki Canada MSRP was $206.25 CAD + tax
I paid $175.31 + tax

Reactions: Northern Pike

·
Registered
258 Posts
Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
604 Posts
I got a Suzuki tall seat shortly after purchasing my new 2014 DL1000 in 2015.
It's pretty good and I don't regret buying it and it was reasonably priced from Suzuki.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts