StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gone the one inch lower pegs and that helped a lot. I now think, due to my long legs, that I need to buy the taller Suzuki seat. If you have one of these could you do me a favor and measure from the front of the seat to the seam. On the stock seat it is 14 1/4 across...and 12 inches from the rear of the seat to the seam.
If the measurement is the same I will have to take my seat to have it done, with an inch of memory foam, and have the back of the seat, where your butt sits against the rise, and have the rise moved back an inch.
Thanks for any insight(s) you might offer.

I do live the bike very much.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I tried to make a custom foam seat for myself and found it wasn't enough of an improvement from stock--it was taller and wider, but my rear still got sore in about the same time.
So I went with the Suzuki Tall Touring seat. Again it was only slightly improved over the standard seat--it was good enough to use for three years--not too many complaints.
I found a used Corbin seat awhile back, and it is my third Corbin seat--and like all the others it seems hard as a rock, but after 12 hours it still seems good, and I never think about my rear end--that is a pretty good seat when it can do that. It is tall but the 'butt pocket' is a bit more rearward, which is a plus for tall guys. Since it is real wide it makes the bike feel bigger under ya, again that is a plus for a big guy like me. It is a big step forward from any of the Suzuki seats.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
This is a 2012 thread. Corbin is not an option yet AFAIK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts