StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so you guys were actually pretty helpful with my last question, so I have anotherone for the tall Strom riders out there...who's got the gear..?

Other than a few private labels I've found, who carries tall motorcycle jackets/pants etc... Joe Rocket is the only brand I've found that carries tall sizes...

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I have a Frank Thomas jacket that is a 3XL. Not labeled as a tall size but it fits a 6'4", 255lb guy, with a 36 inch sleeve length very well.

I think it is the Sprint waterproof textile model with a zip out liner. Not to hijack this thread, but this is one of the best cold weather jackets I have ever owned. After making it through 30 winters in New England I think I qualify for that comment.

DESTRO

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
TourMaster has several jackets and pants in simian proportions.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'm 6'4" and 240lbs and wear Technic gear. fits very well... even though it's not labeled as tall.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sure thing. FWIW, I think it's a new addition to the site--they've recently updated some functions and I believe this is one of them...

Anyway, I'm happy to help--I know I've learned plenty from this site!
A.S.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Go with First Gear stuff.

What Joe rocket says is tall sizes is a joke, specially in pants.

6'-5" 250# 38" inseam BTW

·
Registered
340 Posts
Aerostich will custom make stuff, and they carry very nice tall items. I have the AD1 (a Darien overpants style) pants in a 44X36 size that fit well.

The First Gear Kilaminjaro Jacket is a good fit I think in 2 or 3XL tall @ 6'7" 280lbs.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
FirstGear Scout IV jacket 2XL tall, fits me like a glove so to speak. Their stuff seems to run one size small as I am 6'5 210lbs.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Orge-FL 6'5", 38" inseem. Dude I thought I had it bad at 6'7" with a 36" inseam at 210lb.

The newenough.com has "tall" pants. 34.25" - 34.5" inseam is NOT tall. It's slightly above average.

I have to buy XXL jacket to get the arm length but the chest is big on me. Could not find a "tall" jacket that was "tall". My over pants are the longest I could find but hike up above my boots when riding. If it's cold I wear a pair of gators to cover the gap. At least it's all black to match.

Seems most average clothing mfrs think if your tall, you must weigh 250+ lbs. I can't even find a pair of sweat pants that are long enough that are not XXL. Nike, Adidas, etc...... and they are Maybe 1.5" longer then a L or XL

·
Registered
32 Posts
6'5.5" and 222lbs

M2R XL jacket rallycross EVO jacket fits me well. Good commuting jacket with waterproof liner and good ventilation without. Good features, but Not amazing quality on seams...not a track jacket.

JR Ballistic Pants XL Tall, fit well but legs tend to crawl up gear shifting leg, possibly due to knee pads and my knee is more angled than a shorter person would be. NOT waterproof (As claimed), trying to upgrade to alter ego... not a track pant.

I'll be checking out other recommendations on this thread...

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
cycle port

I just bought jacket and pants from Cylcle Port. www.motoport.com. You can buy stuff made of kevlar mesh (which is what I bought and so far it's been great) or they have heavy weight ballistic stuff. What's best about it is they take your measurements to custom fit for you. I've had Joe Rocket stuff and I think it's junk. This stuff puts my Vanson jacket to shame. It's light weight, breathable, and warm when I need it to be and vents on hot days. I have yet to wear it when it's raining, so I can't comment on that yet. They were pretty quick too....2 1/2 weeks about.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I have a First Gear Mesh Tex summer jacket in a size Large Tall that I don't use anymore that I'll give you a good deal on. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
86 Posts
First Gear Kilaminjaro Air Jacket +1

1 - 17 of 17 Posts